“me and my partner live abroad”

Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Hykeham
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we live in abroard me and my partner had not been back to uk for 10 years and my partner 23 years so in october we said we go for xmas shopping so we was told by friends to go to lincoln so we looked up hotels and there was the bentley what a fab place the staff so wonderfull help the place was a dream everything you good wish for it was makeing our holiday they were so helpfull in every way and the place was spotless clean so lovely and haveing the spa was wonderfull to us haveing comeing for a hot place it was just the right place to be we will never forget the hotel in fact we booked in every year as we like a break now haveing been retired the oweners must be so proud of a fantastic run hotel and spa my words carnt say every one should make a vist its fab

Room Tip: the suite rooms but all was so well furnished
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your great review on The Bentley .
We really appreciate the time you have taken to give us such positive comments.We have many positive remarks such as yours but unfortunately many people do not wish to take the time to put their thoughts in writing.
Our team work very hard to ensure that all our customers are made comfortable ,at ease and are happy. I am delighted that their efforts worked so well for you and that having enjoyed your stay with us you are planning to visit us again.
From all of us here a heartfelt thank you.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Excellent. A meal for our Aunts 80th Birthday. Party of 15. on arrival we were a little worried as there was a ball on in the function room. we need not have worried, as soon as we entered the restaurant the service was first class. The waiting staff were brilliant, the sirloin steak spot on. After the meal we were shown to a private room where we could sit and have the cake and a bit of a sing a long. We are not the quietist of families, but we were looked after like royalty. I will defiantly return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Many many thanks for your words of praise .
I am delighted to hear you and your party enjoyed your time with us and that you found the staff to be so accomodating and friendly.They work hard to make each customer happy and it pays dividends when customers such as yourself praise them
Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here one night to attend a black tie dinner

Rather odd location next to a garden centre and alongside a busy dual carraigeway. Receptionist was pleasant and registration efficient.

Room was a disappointment not aided by the fact it was freezing cold. There was an electric radiator in the corner turned to the min which I turned up to the max. Got changed and went to the dinner. Returned much later only to fine the room was still freezing - the radiator was still cold. Rang reception to complain and was told there was a remote control attached to the wall. I had spotted this but it was completely dead/blank and its function wasnt apparent. Reception dispatched young Malcolm to investigate and turns out the batteries had run out! He renewed them and the heating sprung to life. I cant really accept that on a night the temp was almost at freezing, this hotel didnt ensure that each room was at a warm welcoming temp when guests arrived!

Further problems am when the shower control mechanism failed to work properly and although the taps were hot, I had to have a cold shower!

Did complain to reception again when I left but only a quiet apology and no offer of a few ££s off to compensate for these issues. This hotel seems in dire need of a refit and some maintenance spend! Location alongside busy road was good for access but noisy with my room facing the dual carriageway

On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable, the room clean if dated and the staff were polite and pleasant.

Still, I'm afraid it wasnt for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for your candid review . Apologies for building the hotel in a weird position next to a garden centre. We are actually delighted with it. Clients come, as it has easy access to the ring road and plenty of free parking.
I must apologise for the lack of heat in your room on arrival. However to enable this you must slip your key card in the slot by the door . As soon as this card is retrieved all the electrics are switched off. This of course only happens in the more modern establishments. I am amazed you found the bedroom dated as our photographs on this site display the bedrooms as they are today.
You obviously left the hotel early in the morning and I am afraid the night porter does not have the authority to give any refunds.
I'm pleased you enjoyed the comfortable bed we receive many compliments .
I hope you enjoyed your black tie evening.
Thank you for pointing out the problems you experienced when you stayed with us. Only customers taking the time to complain enables us to correct any faults we may have.
I am sorry we didn't come up to your expectations this time
CW

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have to say fairly typical of my experience of Best Western Hotels (I only use them if I can't get anywhere else)
First room had an "aroma" and noise - 2nd room was better but I still don't know where this place gets a BW Plus rating?
My breakfast was left outside my room for 45 minutes as I didn't answer the door - cold toast, no milk for the cereal

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sulliey
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for your review.
Oh dear !ohhI dear !oh dear !,
What a pity we don't know who you are or when you stayed .
I am so sorry you dislike Best Western hotels so much , as we aim to please all our customers .
I am also so sorry you didn't answer or open your door after ordering your breakfast. . Perhaps my staff should have waited 45 mins outside the door and kept knocking ,but unfortunately they had other customers to serve.
Perhaps it would be a better idea to make sure in future you book early into one of the hotels you prefer that way you will not be disappointed which will also leave room for the guests who enjoy their stay with us
So sorry you were inconvenienced and that we failed to please.Why on earth didn't you complain at the time if you weren't happy.
C W

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Recently had a lovely stay with friends over the christmas period, food was excellant considering how busy it was the service was good too.
Had a lovely time at the Spa followed by a fab coffee!
cant wait to visit the area again, we will certainly call in for coffee and cake!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive response. We are all grateful that we helped make your stay such an enjoyable one.
The Beauty Spa beauticians asked me to say thank you too, it's always a pleasure to look after happy clients.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Kindest regards and a Happy New Year

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Very clean rooms really pleasant staff the food is delicious really enjoyed the whole experience have stayed here about 4 times and enjoyed it each time
Breakfast is very satisfying
The facilities available are excellent plenty to do or if you just want to relax the choice is yours
Room service available and a 24 hours reception
You cannot go wrong booking the Bentley

Room Tip: 24 hours reception Fabulous choices of food and drink Do not miss breakfast the choices are excel...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank carole p
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Your lovely review gave all the team the boost we need at this very busy time, your comments are a pleasure to read .
I am delighted that you have retuned four times and hope to see you on many more occasions.
We are a very happy team here at The Bentley and always try to give customer satisfaction.
We all wish yoiu a very Merry Christmas
Best Wishes

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I didn't actually stay at the Bently, it was a present for my mum for christmas 2012. She has said 'It was worth the wait'. The hotel staff were amazing, the food was beautiful., the restraunt couldn't be faulted,so much so they stayed for an extra night. Happy mum means happy daughter. What to do for this christmas? best western somewhere else. Full marks Best western.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for your review and informing us of how much your Mum enjoyed her Christmas present stay with us here at The Bentley Hotel what a lovely idea as a gift.
I hope her future stays with Best Western hotels will be as appreciated as ours was.
I ought to advise you though,that each Best Western Hotel is privately owned therefore they are not identical as in other groups.
Each hotel is individually owned and we all join Best Western as a marketing organisation.
I am sure she will enjoy the individuality of each one she stays at.
Happy Christmas

#10 of 14 in Lincoln
Holiday Inn Lincoln
Holiday Inn Lincoln
#9 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!