“Would recommend”

Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Hykeham
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This will be the third time I have stayed at this hotel, and would recommend it to any visitors.

Despite visiting during the weekend of Waddington Airshow, and therefore very busy, the hotel still had a relatively calm feel. There was a school prom on the first night, and I have noticed this is a traditional thing each year, there is no noise disturbance at all. The bar could have done with another member of staff though

The rooms are a decent size and the free wifi works ok in any rooms but the ground floor rooms.

The reception staff are very helpful and were most apologetic when I had to ask twice to get the air conditioning fixed. The upside of this means I was there during a rare day of warm weather during this dreadful summer!

Parking is plentiful and there are a couple of pubs within walking distance. Would recommend the closer one as opposed to the Brewers Fayre as the staff are friendlier which as a single traveller is important.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in have been fine
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Njm1971
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review The Bentley.
We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us once again ,and hope to you will return very soon
Carole Wootton.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just stopped here for a quick weekend away, and it was lovely. It's larger than it looks on the outside, but the staff were friendly and made it feel homely and welcoming. There are two pubs within walking distance, for those with families who wish to have a cheaper meal (Square Deal and Brewers Fayre type).

We had one or two minor gripes that were dealt with very efficiently. We spent time in the pool on Sunday morning, my only complaint would have been that children aged 12ish were in the sauna and steam room, but the whole spa and pool complex were clean and warm!

The hotel is about 5 miles outside Lincoln, well worth getting a cab into the City and exploring the bars!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments . We take all reviews seriously and are delighted when they are so positive.
I am sorry that Children under 16 are not allowed in the Spa & Sauna but it is for Health & Safety reasons only.
However. We were pleased to learn that you still had a very enjoyable stay and hope to see you again.
Sincerely

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I am really familar with this hotel having attended it for many work conferences but this was my first overnight stay to attend a family wedding. We had a family room on the ground floor. On check in the room wasn't ready (we were really early - I didn't mind) but the check in staff apologised profusely and my daughter and I got to wait in one of the comfy leather sofa's in reception, I didn't want to get up !!. Whilst waiting I heard the reception staff make all possible efforts to get the room sorted as quickly as possible and another member of staff came over especially to apologise again and to check that we were OK and offered drinks. The staff were really pleasant and seemed genuinely committed to customer comfort and service. The room didn't take long to clean and we soon given the key. On opening the door, I was pleasantly surprised, it was a big room which contained a king size bed, bunk beds together with a table and chair and all the usual facilites. The decor was nice, it had character, not ultra modern but it made a pleasant change from the often bland beige corporate decor of other hotels I've stayed at. The room was spotless and felt really homely. My daughter was delighted by the bunk beds and the large flat screen TV. The room offered AC which we didn't use preferring to open the window for air - yes the window actually opened a bonus - (In my experience not all hotel windows open if you have AC.) The room had a bath and shower with complementary products. I took a bath, water was plentiful and hot, my husband prefers showers and said that was good too. The lighting in the bathroom was good enough to put make up on and not look like co co the clown - important when you are going to a wedding. There was also a full length mirror. We had a really comfortable night - no backache here. Unfortunately we didn't get time to try out the pool and spa but intend to next time. Next morning the breakfast was first rate, plentiful and hot with lots of choice. The restaurant staff were polite and attentive. I would stay at this hotel again in a heart beat. Pros - great room, great staff, great breakfast. Cons - not city centre location but still in a good location next to Lincoln's bypass.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

What a lovely review . I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment so thoroughly. The whole of our team here read these reports and were delighted with yours .We are like one huge family here at the Bentley hotel and positive reports give the team a massive boost and make their jobs seem worthwhile.
I hope we are as efficient when you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here overnight to attend the Waddington airshow, which was our first time to both the show and the hotel. Room was comfortable and clean. The only downside was that it smelt very strongly of smoke. It was a non-smoking room (rooms had non smoking signs on them) and neither of us smoke but it meant we had to open the window when we returned to the room to try to air it. The hotel was very busy and I understand this is the arrogance of the previous occupier and I hope the cleaner reported it before we occupied the room.

We made use of the spa facilities (there was a gym but we did not use this). We also tried the Fayre and Square pub (a brand we do not have in our local area) and the food was traditional and good value. There was a school prom going on when we returned but we were not disturbed by this and the room was very quiet, given it is located near a busy road.

Reception staff pleasant and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bentley82, Owner at Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for your review .
I am so sorry we didn't live up to your expectations this time.
We always do our best . There are so many small things you were not happy with .I can only apologise
Kindest regards

Reviewed June 30, 2012

After hearing very good things about the bentley hotel I decided to stay on a visit to Lincoln and I was not disappointed, I found the hotel to be very clean and nicely decorated, my room was excellent, lovely comfy bed just a great relaxing room after a long drive, now to the highlight of my stay the food, I've never stayed in a hotel with such quality the al la carte menu was mouthwatering!! In the morning I went down for breakfast which was the perfect start to my long working day the staff were so helpful, the young lady chef Rachel if my memory serves me right is an absolute credit to your hotel!! I can't recommend the Bentley hotel enough thank you for an excellent stay, I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Pt1964
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

May I thank you for your lovely comments re The Bentley Hotel.
We are all so grateful that you have taken the time to write your review .
Andy ,our head chef and his team are also delighted that you enjoyed your food and service .They put such effort into preparing the food for our customers and feel so proud when it is appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Many thanks once again

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is where I stay when I need to travel around Lincolnshire. It is convient to main roads (but is not noisy). The rooms are lovely, very comfortable. There is a nice pool, a sports bar and the bar food is very good. Hits the spot, especially the deserts. Can get busy if there are a number of conferences on. Overall a good quality hotel, wish they had had rooms available this evening.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am so sorry we did not have any rooms left to accomodate you .
I hope next time you need to stay in the area we will have occupancy available.
Thank you for taking the time to call us your favourite hotel .
Carole

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Spacious comfortable room, staff team that supplied an excellent service( nothing was too much trouble) fine food and a relaxed friendly atmosphere all make for an enjoyable and memorable stay. The leisure facilities are well run and a great addition to the stay. I would also reccommend this hotel for those with disabillities, my wife is a wheelchair user and has had no problems with accessibility. The air conditioning system was excellent on hot days and nights. This is in our view the best Best Western Hotel and we Highly Reccommend it

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quieter although the glazing prevented the road noise from being an issue in outsi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments . Our team here will be so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay . They do everything they can to make our customers comfortable & happy.
It is kind of you to take the time to let us know how you felt
Many thanks again

Washingborough Hall Country House Hotel
The White Hart
The White Hart
#10 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!