“Airport hotel”

Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Orly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Needed a hotel for a one night stopover Paris and this one was perfect as it was as close as you can get to Orly. The lobby and dining area look recently renovated, but the rooms we where in looked like they haven't been retouched in years, the TV was a early 90s set, and a panel near the entrance had a hole in it, like it was punched through. That said, the rooms where very big, lots of space and they were clean. All in all, it is ok for a night, but the rooms could use an update

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
ORYHIGM, General Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your observations via TripAdvisor on your recent stay at the Hilton Paris Orly Airport.

It is clear that our prime location on Paris Orly Airport makes travelling to and from Paris so convenient. Our public areas, lobby bar and restaurant have been recently renovated, as well as our Hilton Plus and Deluxe Rooms. That said, we are indeed offering one of the largest rooms on the Airport platform, as you rightly mentioned.

Hopefully you will have a chance to return to us in the near future and to try one of our Hilton Plus and Deluxe room types.

Kind regards

Nicolaas Houwert
Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Paris Orly Airport

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We spent one night in the Hiltonof Orly with my spouse on the 1st of January. The hotel is very easy to access and well located 3 min drive from the airport. We had the chance to benefit from an upgrade of room category, which was nice!

The main problem of this hotel is the staff: Except the groom that helped us with the luggages, the rest of the staff was unpleasant, not friendly and sometime totally unskilled: Front desk, Restaurant, cafe... The staff looks as if they do not know what it is to work in a hotel. Answers to questions are rude or unpleasant and sometimes aggressive...

Additional problem was that the front desk is not answering the call from the room... We tried several times at different hours of the day.

Pleasant stay due to the room that was functional and nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jefrfa
ORYHIGM, General Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review at TripAdvisor regarding your stay in our hotel. I am very pleased to read you had a most enjoyable stay with us.

Kind regards,

Jolijn Zeeuwen
Hilton The Hague

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel is extremely well located for Orly. You could walk to the terminals, but shuttles go regularly, so no need.

Staff are excellent, except evening restaurant staff who couldn't care less.

Drinks are VERY expensive, so be careful. Food is ok, but unspectacular.

Our room was huge and modern, although it needed more attention to detail. Couldn't get the temp right, we boiled in Winter. Our friends room was small and daggy but was well air conditioned.

If you want convenience, this place is ideal, but it's only worthy of 3 stars.

Room Tip: ask to be close to the lifts, it's a very long hotel and you can be walking quite a distance
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BSBtraveller
Reviewed December 27, 2013

While it might have had a renovation, somehow the corridors missed the interior design overhaul. Room was nicely modernised and very spacious. (Perhaps Hilton Gold status helped).

Overpriced shots for a vodka in the bar.

Restaurant wonderful food but attitude of wait-staff leaving something to be desired. A smile and some pleasantry would go a long way guys & girls.

Convenient to transit for early morning flight!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Close to the airport,simple room,but the hotel definitely needs renovation.The staff was friendly and helpful.Good breakfast.Stayed for one night for a connection flight.The main advantage of the hotel ,is its location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Philip84
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here three nights while attending a conference on the outskirts of Paris not too far from Orly airport. I booked a deluxe room and was upgraded to a Jr. Suite due to my Hilton Diamond status. I wrote to the hotel ahead of time asking for an upgrade if possible and no feathers on my bed and was very pleased to find both when I arrived at the hotel. The room was at the end of the hallway and had an operable window which was nice because the hotel had a tendency towards slightly stale odors since it is shut up for winter. The hotel is a comfortable temperature - I like my bedroom cool so I shut off the HVAC in my room and it was comfortable for me just with the ambient heating from the rest of the hotel. My room had pergo-type hard flooring and a little sitting area with a sofa. It had bathrobes and slippers and came with a new large bottle of Evian every day (a very nice feature). Service was good. I took the breakfast every morning - it was pretty good - standard Hilton fare although no oatmeal in France. Also not so good for fresh fruit and the eggs were runny although I got the impression this was how they liked to cook them there. I speak some French and this was very useful in this hotel the staff seemed to greatly prefer speaking in French whenever possible. I used the gym every day it has two elliptical trainers although one of them I could not operate the incline it was stuck at a high incline. However I was typically the only one in the little gym so this was not so much of a problem. Taxis were pretty expensive from this hotel -- I guess they are charging the suburban rates rather than the inner city rates. Still I was happy with my Jr Suite which I got for 200 EUR per night with the upgrade and worldwide govt rate. If I were to stay here again I would try to book a JR suite because of the operable window - makes for a much nicer option then a potentially stale room without operable window. Also being at the end of the hallway was very nice for sleeping in late due to jetlag from the US. The room was very quiet (with the window closed) I did not really need earplugs to get a good sleep even after the maid service started in the mornings.

Room Tip: Get a room with an operable window if you can.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Didn't expect much as was staying only a night during transit..
Rooms are comfortable and staff courteous..
It needs some renovation and I'm sure the management must be wanting to do something on this..
Breakfast was average

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport
Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport
Grand Hotel Senia
Grand Hotel Senia
#2 of 7 in Orly
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Kyriad Orly Aeroport - Athis Mons

Been to Hilton Paris Orly Airport? Share your experiences!