“one of the worst.”

Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Orly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at Hilton at CDG and it was great, so I figured ORY should be ok... boy was I wrong. I booked though Expedia the hotel for one night on Oct 17, and my room was 208 for your reference.

The shuttle that is said to be there for pickup at the airport every 15 minutes were no where to be be seen while I waited for about 45 minutes. Finally someone told me that they had similar bad experience with Hilton shuttle and I should call them. So after calling them, they arrived around 11:00 pm. The check-in was mostly painless although I had to wait at the counter with one person working while I can hear bunch of people behind the office talking and laughing. Finally another person came out to check me in - who seemed clueless about how to check-in a customer.

When I got to the room, it reminded me of a storage room rather than a hotel room. All phones were broken (there were two) and TV remote did not work. It was late and I was tired so I didn't bother going down stairs to ask them to fix it.

At $200, this is cheap for France, but give me a break. It was supposed to be a Hilton brand! Gave me a very bad taste in my psych for my last day in France.

Room Tip: Avoid if you can. I would stay at best western next time, since I see their shuttle every 10 minute...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 28, 2013

First room I was offered had fault sealing on the windows so the airport noise leaked in. I was promptly and with no fuss offered another room, but the general air conditioning noise still meant it was uncomfortably noisy trying to sleep - though in fairness to the hotel I am not a good sleeper when travelling. The main issue I have is the restaurant. Very expensive food and what I had was bland and meagre portions. For the price I would have at least expected the butter to be soft and not to come in the cafe style plastic wrappers! Breakfast was equally unexciting. On my second night I did better by eating over at the airport, which was hardly anything special but was at least a sensible price and had some flavour.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have just spent a wonderful weekend at Paris, staying at the Hilton Orley hotel. The hotel was nice apart from our room smelling of cigarettes even though there were 'no smoking' signs outside our room. It is a large comfortable hotel which needs a little TLC, but we travelled with parrys international and for what we paid I can't really moan. The food and bar are very expensive so it is cheaper to eat out. The crew with parrys (Tom and Louise)' were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them, they were also fabulous tourist guides. We can't wait to do the trip again, well done Parrys!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louise S
NvanKuler, Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay this weekend in the Hilton Paris Orly Airport hotel.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have immediately asked the housekeeping team to take action and eliminate the cigarette smell in the non smoking room you have occupied. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Does not give the services normally provided by Hilton. Staff not interested in working. Room maintenance is very poor and amenities are substandard. The location is the only asset of this hotel! In fall season come with your pull overs! If you need a lot pf toawels, bring yous.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
NvanKuler, Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this internet site regarding your stay with us.

Our aim is the deliver excellent guest service. Please accept our apologies if the service was not up to our goal and your expectations. Do not hesitate to request extra towels that are available upon request.

We would be very happy to welcome you again in the hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have stayed here a few times as we visit the South of France yearly and need to use Orly. The room was tagged as non smoking but it reeked of tobacco smoke. I didn't complain as we were only staying one night and it would have been a problem to move. Apart from that it was a normal Hilton Hotel, aged and in need of renovation,, food was very good, location and shuttle excellent.

Room Tip: Check room first if you want non smoking
Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

thank you very much for staying in the Hilton Paris Orly Airport hotel when leaving from Orly.

Our apologies for the non smoking room that smelled tobacco smoke. Unfortunately it happens that guests smoke in non smoking rooms. We do our best to eliminate smells before arrival time.

I am very happy that you appreciate the shuttle bus, the food and the location of the hotel.

We hope to welcome you again soon in Orly.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice Hotel with comfortable room in near of Airport
I appreciated the transfer Service to Airport, the friendliness and helpfulness of staff
When I'm in connexion to my travels I like to make a rest in this one

Room Tip: Gymnasium available 7/7 daily and 24h/day
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay in the Hilton Paris Orly Airport hotel.

I am very glad to read that you were satisfied with the shuttle service and the friendliness of the hotel staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

After a long day of travelling I wanted to book what seemed to be the nicest hotel near Orly Airport in Paris so I went with the Hilton. For the price it was very poor. The room was outdated, smelled very musty, and the shower curtain smelled like it had not been washed in 5 years.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris T

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your stay in the Hilton Paris Orly Airport.

I am very sad to hear that the prices and the room were not up to your expectations, please accept our apologies for that. I would like to inform you that the shower curtains are cleaned very regularly.

We hope that you will come to the hotel in the near future to have a positif experience.

Nancy van Kuler

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport
Grand Hotel Senia
Grand Hotel Senia
#2 of 7 in Orly
Novotel Paris Coeur d'Orly Airport
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport

Been to Hilton Paris Orly Airport? Share your experiences!