“Very overpriced restaurant and generally average accommodation”

Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Orly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Church Stretton, United Kingdom
“Very overpriced restaurant and generally average accommodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

First room I was offered had fault sealing on the windows so the airport noise leaked in. I was promptly and with no fuss offered another room, but the general air conditioning noise still meant it was uncomfortably noisy trying to sleep - though in fairness to the hotel I am not a good sleeper when travelling. The main issue I have is the restaurant. Very expensive food and what I had was bland and meagre portions. For the price I would have at least expected the butter to be soft and not to come in the cafe style plastic wrappers! Breakfast was equally unexciting. On my second night I did better by eating over at the airport, which was hardly anything special but was at least a sensible price and had some flavour.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have just spent a wonderful weekend at Paris, staying at the Hilton Orley hotel. The hotel was nice apart from our room smelling of cigarettes even though there were 'no smoking' signs outside our room. It is a large comfortable hotel which needs a little TLC, but we travelled with parrys international and for what we paid I can't really moan. The food and bar are very expensive so it is cheaper to eat out. The crew with parrys (Tom and Louise)' were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them, they were also fabulous tourist guides. We can't wait to do the trip again, well done Parrys!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louise S
NvanKuler, Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay this weekend in the Hilton Paris Orly Airport hotel.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have immediately asked the housekeeping team to take action and eliminate the cigarette smell in the non smoking room you have occupied. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Gros Islet
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Does not give the services normally provided by Hilton. Staff not interested in working. Room maintenance is very poor and amenities are substandard. The location is the only asset of this hotel! In fall season come with your pull overs! If you need a lot pf toawels, bring yous.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

NvanKuler, Manager at Hilton Paris Orly Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this internet site regarding your stay with us.

Our aim is the deliver excellent guest service. Please accept our apologies if the service was not up to our goal and your expectations. Do not hesitate to request extra towels that are available upon request.

We would be very happy to welcome you again in the hotel.

Nancy van Kuler

Travelers are raving about these Orly hotels

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have stayed here a few times as we visit the South of France yearly and need to use Orly. The room was tagged as non smoking but it reeked of tobacco smoke. I didn't complain as we were only staying one night and it would have been a problem to move. Apart from that it was a normal Hilton Hotel, aged and in need of renovation,, food was very good, location and shuttle excellent.

Room Tip: Check room first if you want non smoking
Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

thank you very much for staying in the Hilton Paris Orly Airport hotel when leaving from Orly.

Our apologies for the non smoking room that smelled tobacco smoke. Unfortunately it happens that guests smoke in non smoking rooms. We do our best to eliminate smells before arrival time.

I am very happy that you appreciate the shuttle bus, the food and the location of the hotel.

We hope to welcome you again soon in Orly.

Orthez, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice Hotel with comfortable room in near of Airport
I appreciated the transfer Service to Airport, the friendliness and helpfulness of staff
When I'm in connexion to my travels I like to make a rest in this one

Room Tip: Gymnasium available 7/7 daily and 24h/day
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay in the Hilton Paris Orly Airport hotel.

I am very glad to read that you were satisfied with the shuttle service and the friendliness of the hotel staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

After a long day of travelling I wanted to book what seemed to be the nicest hotel near Orly Airport in Paris so I went with the Hilton. For the price it was very poor. The room was outdated, smelled very musty, and the shower curtain smelled like it had not been washed in 5 years.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris T
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your stay in the Hilton Paris Orly Airport.

I am very sad to hear that the prices and the room were not up to your expectations, please accept our apologies for that. I would like to inform you that the shower curtains are cleaned very regularly.

We hope that you will come to the hotel in the near future to have a positif experience.

Shanghai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stay in many airport hotels for business and there are a few things to me, that are always important. All those things were lacking in this hotel.

Check in - total disaster. I arrived at 14.15 pm at the hotel and the room was ready only at 16 pm. I had suggested to go to the gym, but there were no changing facilities, so the receptionist suggested I changed in the public toilet. I stayed in the lobby of the hotel, no one made an effort to ask if I was okay. At 16 pm, I went back to the reception, only to find out no one knew I was waiting for a room.

I suppose it was not my lucky day, because I had to change room twice after that. First room was smelling like cigarettes, second room smelling of ammoniac and finally the third room was more comfortable. I am sure they had all these extra rooms ready, but the rate I was paying ( Eur 290/night ) was clearly not enough.

I think what was most disappointing was the fact the the receptionists and even the managers that spoke to me, didn't show any care. The manager said something about sending a VIP5 to the room, whatever that means and free internet and discounted the rate, but all I wanted was a clean room, when I arrived.

Internet is not free, it is in fact very expensive, breakfast is very poor and the gym super small.

I had to wait around 30 minutes for the shuttle bus to pick me up from the airport, when it is supposed to be every 15, but that is not the end of the world, except if you have been traveling for more then 24 hours, like I was.

The rooms are so old and lifeless. It is horrendous the place. Everything but comfortable.

I had just arrived from a one night at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport, which was a totally different and pleasant experience.

I will not stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mbamaral
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orly
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Paris-Orly Airport
Howard Hotel Paris- Orly Airport
Howard Hotel Paris- Orly Airport
#1 of 2 in Paray-Vieille-Poste

Been to Hilton Paris Orly Airport? Share your experiences!