Ardmore Country House
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bshared tableireland vacationus feel at homebeautiful place to staybed was very comfortablebreakfast was deliciouspot of teakinnity castleone night staychrishostessbirrgrandmotherbedroomturf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I truely cannot say enough good things about this bed and breakfast. My friends and I have been to Ireland two years running now, and wanting to see the entire country each time, we've stayed in many B&Bs throughout Ireland. This is by far the best of them. It is a beautiful house with wonderful views on the outside, and inside its warm and cozy. We loved the room, and really enjoyed having tea beside the fire. The most wonderful thing of all though was the proprieter, Christina. First of all, it was one of the few houses that we felt totally comfortable in, like we were visiting an old friend as opposed to invading someones house that they happened to be running a business out of. She was warm and friendly, and very helpful. We had tea on arrival and decided we wanted to go horseback riding. In spite of the late hour she was right on the phone and found someone to take us out, Noel, from Birr Equestrian Center. (It was an exhilerating ride through beautiful scenery, and I'd highly recommend doing it, but that's another review:) She was a great help with everything else we wanted to do, even anticipating some things like our desire to see nearby Leap Castle, and helped us find good places to eat and to see some traditional music (which she herself joined in on the fiddle!) It really was a great time. Not to mention that the village of Kinnitty was lovely, and very close to alot of other great towns and sites. I highly recommend a trip to the area, and defininately recommend that you stay with Christina at Ardmore House.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Chris was so gracious and helpful. She suggested we try dinner at the Kinnity Castle. We followed her advice and were not disappointed. Breakfast was lovely, as is her home. Highly recommend Chris and her home!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Ardmore House is lovely! It is in the small town of Kinnitty, which is pretty much in the very center of Ireland. There are many things to see around it, and lots of trails to hike. Kinnitty Castle is right up the road and the town of Birr was about 8 km away. When you enter Ardmore House you feel like you are at home. It was very comfortable and you always felt welcome. The room was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and it was always very clean. Christina was an amazing hostess. She was always very kind and extremely knowledgeable about the area. She can tell you anything about the area! It was nice being able to go down to the lounge room to watch tv and chat about the day and what we would do the next day. She also made a wonderful breakfast :) If we ever have the pleasure of visiting Ireland again, I would definitely want to make a stop at the Ardmore House.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My parents and I stayed here for three nights, and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! The rooms were very clean, and we all stayed plenty warm even in the cold Irish March. The Breakfast was excellent, and Chris is a great host! We enjoyed the quiet village of Kinnitty and were able to take some lovely hikes in the area. This was by far our favorite place that we stayed in during our trip in Ireland, and we definitely plan to return next year! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed May 3, 2010

It has been less than 1 month since my husband & I had the honor of staying at The Ardmore House. The house was lovely, the rooms are beautiful & very clean and comfortable. The location was wonderful...County Offlay is what I picture when I think of Ireland. But the best part of Ardmore was the owner..Christina. Not only is she warm, friendly, knowledgeable, talented in cooking, running a business & playing a fiddle, she goes more than the extra mile for her guests. She will make you feel welcome & comfortable in her home and never gets fustrated being bombarded with questions.
My husband & I stayed in Ireland for 9 days. 2 of them was at Dromoland castle which was great, but the best time we had in all the days in Ireland, was at the Ardmore House. She has great advice for horse riding, and sight seeing. Don't waste your time at fancy castles, stay at Ardmore House & feel like you belong. I will never have a greater birthday than I did at Ardmore House, priceless. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple