“Beautiful Castle!”

Kinnitty Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kinnitty
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed here last week for a night and it was lovely! The staff was welcoming and nice, when we arrived we were a little early and our room wasn't quite ready yet so we enjoyed lunch in the library which was very good! Afterwards, we were shown to oury room on the third flor, the Slieve Bloom room, which was a good size, nicely decorated and quiet. We wandered around the grounds and got some wonderful pictures and took in the history before having a very good three course dinner. We enjoyed ourselves very much and loved staying in such a historic place!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, but if you don't mind the stairs, the third floor was very quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
kinnittymanagement, Manager at Kinnitty Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear Jen B

Thank you for taking the time to review the standard of service and food we offer here at Kinnitty Castle Hotel, it was my pleasure to read that you enjoyed the history and the hospitality you experienced during your visit and that your stay was a memorable one. Our guestrooms are all of individual design and it’s good to hear that you liked your room.

There are newer reviews for Kinnitty Castle Hotel

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Kinnitty Castle on the 18th of March , We had already stayed for a night in January of this year also and we were very impressed with the place and the staff . The rooms are magnificent original old style with luxury . In the bar a pint of Guinness cost €4.40 and a glass of wine €5.50. The food was fantastic and very reasonable . We fell in love with the Castle and can't wait to go back again . The staff were very helpful and friendly and couldn't have done more to make us feel at home .

Room Tip: We reguested the Geraldine room as we were told about it on our first visit there and we were not l...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank De O
kinnittymanagement, Manager at Kinnitty Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear De O

I was delighted to read that this was not your first stay, it is our aim to please our guests during their stay and I am happy to hear that we succeeded in your case. Thank you for your kind comments and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Kinnitty Castle Hotel once again in the future

Reviewed March 26, 2014

From the start I was open minded as it is a Castle, a real old style castle so I was expecting it to be cold, drafty and just old.
BUT OMG I had the best time and I am already booking another date. From the friendly arrival at reception. We had a gent of a guy bring our bags to our rooms. A lovely lady checked us in. We were shocked at the size of our rooms and the bath rooms with so amazing. we did pay a little extra to up grade our rooms and it was worth every penny. With the free standing baths and large beds.
It's such a charming place. Its full of character and charm. From the open fires to large stair cases and high ceilings. I have read other reviews on here about it being dusty and noisy which makes me sad because you have to look past that and realise its an old Castle and you'll expect that! It has Character.
We booked in for Afternoon tea and we were so delighted we did. i have had afternoon tea in other castles like Dromoland and Ashford Castle and The Shelborne Hotel but I consider Kinnitty castle the best for service, value for money and quality.
The staff were so nice. a lovely lady gave us a tour of the place!.
We loved it. Very relaxing. Can't wait to stay again.

Room Tip: we took the 2 rooms that were at the top of the main stairs to the right side. Huge beds, both with...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear johannawhy

Many thanks for your recent review of Kinnitty Castel Hotel; I am happy to read that your experience here was an enjoyable one. We do strive to provide our guests with a warm service and environment and I am glad we managed to please you and your sisters on this occasion.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had our wedding reception at Kinnitty Castle last month. From the moment We entered the gates to the property on our wedding day everything was excellent. We were fortunate to have a lovely sunny day so We got amazing photos around the castle grounds. It was a cold crisp day out but the castle was very warm and comfortable and all our guests said the same also including there bedrooms too.
The food was amazing. It was cooked to perfection and very well presented all our guests were very impressed with it all.

All the staff here are very professional and very friendly also and they go out of there way to help all there guests, They are the foundations to this hotel and make it the success it is today.

We would like to say a special thank you to Cavan and Simon for all there help and professional advise in the lead up to our wedding day.

Thanks to everyone at kinnitty castle for an amazing weekend.

Room Tip: The bridal suite is amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BHE1
kinnittymanagement, Manager at Kinnitty Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear BHE1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your Wedding that took place at the Castle last month. We are delighted that you both enjoyed your special day with us and that your guests enjoyed the same experience.

Your kind words and comments will be passed onto to all relevant departments and we do hope to welcome you back to the Castle again in the near future.

Katie

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Having read some very mixed reports, relating to Kinnity Castle, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. I stayed there last weekend (28/02/14 - 02/03/14) with my two young boys and we loved it. We stayed in the Butler Suite and I would have absolutely no complaints. (Yes the TV remote control was missing the back and the batteries were held in by sellotape - but that's about the only but, which isn't a problem to me). All of the staff were extremely nice and very helpful. The first evening we ate in the 'Library' bar and the food was excellent and the second night we ate in the restaurant and, again, the food was fantastic. They really catered well for children and I would regard the food as very reasonably priced, as was the wine (I got a very nice bottle of Malbec for €25, which for hotel standards is excellent). We visited the local equestrian centre on the Saturday and spent over and hour horse riding for half of the price you would spend in Cork and double the time - so thanks to Maeve for a great introduction to horse riding - would DEFINITELY recommend it. We also visited a really lovely, traditional Irish pub in Kinnity village (can't remember the name) and just missed a hunt passing through the village, which the boys would have loved to have seen. We planned on walking around the grounds of Kinnity Castle on Sunday morning but unfortunately the weather didn't permit, so we are planning a re-visit to Kinnity Castle in the summer - and already looking forward to it. My thoughts on Kinitty is embrace the experience of staying at a castle, creaky stairs, draughts etc and enjoy it's ambience and extremely friendly and helpful staff. Can't wait to go back and my 2 boys are already asking when!!!!

Room Tip: Don't know what the other rooms are like but we really liked the Butler Suite and would love the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JACMOL

Dear JACMOL

Thank you for taking the time to review the standard of service and food we offer here at Kinnitty Castle Hotel, it was my pleasure to read that your stay was a memorable one. I do recall your last stay with us and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Kinnitty Castle Hotel this summer

Warmest Reagards

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed for a long weekend the week after Valentines. The food was good and the staff were helpful but the room was dirty as was the bathroom. The room was also noisy. I was really let down with the whole experience. Simple things like bed side lights missing shades and having to walk half way around the room to change the channel or turn off the tv! The bed was also extremely uncomfortable. Shower was also poor. We had intended to use a One for all voucher which on checkout we were told they did not accept. (Stated on the one for all voucher site they accepted same) Very disappointed, hotel is in need of a good clean!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ruth p
kinnittymanagement, Manager at Kinnitty Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Ruth P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we value all comments that we receive in relation to the Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed the food and that you found the staff friendly. In relation to the House keeping items that you mentioned, if this was brought to our attention during your stay we would have been able to address your concerns immediately.

In relation to your comments about the One4all voucher, we have not been part of this scheme for some time and they have been contacted again and our details are removed from their site. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We do hope to welcome you to the Castle again in the future.

Katie

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hello,
my partner and I recently stayed for one night in this hotel and first of all it was a lovely experience. It was really different from your average hotel.
The food - we sampled all - breakfast dinner and mostly afternoon tea were excellent - we really really enjoyed the food AND the friendly service.
We had booked the middle category suite as a treat and were allocated the Slieve Bloom Room - it was a nice room but for the price we paid I would have expected aking size bed. The bath and decor were lovely but as stated not great value for money.
All in all, a great trip but I would ask for and expect a different room the next time we will stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hollyandpolly
kinnittymanagement, Manager at Kinnitty Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Holly and Polly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at the Castle, we are delighted that you enjoyed the food that the Castle offers and that you enjoyed the level of service you experienced from our staff. We are disappointed that you thought the bed was small in your room, each guest room in the Hotel is completely different and unique with different size beds and decor in rooms. When you come to visit again please let us know of your requirements and we will be happy to accommodate you.

The Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinnitty
County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
The Heritage Killenard
The Heritage Killenard
#1 of 1 in Killenard
Racket Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Kinnitty Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!