“a beautiful experience, not to be missed” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Providencia
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Zipolite
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at the west end of Zipolite, close to Alquimista beach, it's a small restaurant full of surprises, great food, excellent ambiance, beautiful decor, and the best quality in all the ingredients, always trying to make our costumers have a memorable dining experience.
Vancouver Island
“a beautiful experience, not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I was in Mazunte on a course and had the opportunity to visit some of the surrounding towns. Zipolite was a delightful find, a tiny village, nice beach, and a place that people seemed to stay on and on... La Providencia caught my attention immediately with its elegant sign, and stepping into the foyer I was intrigued. The owner is an artist and the open air restaurant is decorated with his unusual and thought provoking works. The colours and furniture are warm and inviting. We had a drink in the comfortable lounge area, enjoying great music, a visible kitchen crew, and the relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our choices were all tempting once seated in the restaurant ,and we were given a complimentary cocktail which was delicious. The food is contempory mexican with exquisite presentation and wonderful taste combinations. I am a self professed "foodie", and had not had anything impressive during my two week stay in the area until this evening. The artistry of my plate was stunning and the portions generous. My companions and I all had seafood that we continued to rave about for a week. The whole experience was sense nurturing; the host, the ambience, the music, the waiter, and of course the food. It is a little step into culinary paradise.

Visited March 2011