All reviewsgreat pizzano hot waterhappy hourlaid backirmabalconymargaritasbeachvibeeloceansurf
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Posada Mexico is a magical spot. The rooms are basic but clean and nicely decorated. The setting is beautiful. You can eat nice food (not many Mexican options for dinner - but nice Italian choices) looking out over the beach.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gourmetbackpackers
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

This is what my hostel would be like if I was ever lucky enough to own one ! Located right on the beach in Zipolte. Great rooms,great garden,lovely and over friendly staff and made to feel welcome the moment you walk in ! The Italian owner is fun,friendly and makes a devil of a mojito !! I wish I had longer time. Bargain the price if staying more than three nights and there are safes in the room and wonderful food served up in the restaurant. 5 stars ******

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank justinmarley_12
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Someone broke in to our room! We went to let the management know and he (the italian guy) was SO RUDE to us, like if we are giving him unnecessary work! He responded straight away in a very RUDE manner that nothing had been robbed, now: HOW COULD HE KNOW THAT BEFORE WE HAD EVEN CHECKED IT??
The person who broke in had a KEY of our room, and left through the window when we tried to come in! STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I have NEVER been treated SO BADLY in my entire life. BE WARNED!!!! SOMETHING VERY MURKY IS GOING ON IN THESE PREMISES!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Spaleone
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Upon arriving at Posada Mexico I was taken back by the sheer beauty of its location. The place was clean and tidy, and our rooms (the most expensive in the place) had incredible views of the sea. All seemed fine our first night. The food was lovely which we added to our room tab. I thought to myself I was in heaven. That was until the next day.... My friends had returned from a walk a long the beach, and found that their rooms had been locked from the inside and the balcony window was open... (Their room was the ground floor room overlooking the sea front) Obviously they alerted the male manager straight away. Foolishly we expected him to be concerned about what had happened, but he was not. In fact he didn't even care. And without even checking he said "that nothing had been taken so why are you concerned?" At that point alarm bells started ringing. Not really the answer you want to hear after your rooms been broken into, isn't? The way the balcony windows locked (and they had been when my friends had left) means its very difficult to open from the outside. The door to the room was completely un- damaged which seems to suggest that either the person who had entered the room could pick locks very quickly without being noticed by people sitting at the bar or they had a key.... Which obviously wouldn't arouse suspicion from people in the area. Now I'm not accusing the staff of burglary as nothing was taken (their valueables weren't on full display), but someone had defiantly entered that room, locked the door from the inside and had got out of the window..... (my friend had to climb through that window to unloch the door) I personally believe the intruder had been disrupted half way through looking and had to make a quick exit through the window. I'm not suggesting that the male manager was to blame or any other member of staff. But either way his completed lack of concern about the safety of my friends room was very unsettling. He really didn't care. And when we asked whether this had happen before, he completely denied it (something we later found completely untrue after speaking to locals). Obviously this place wasn't for us so we decided to leave. Now to be fair, a young female member of staff was incredibly nice and helpful. She said we didn't have to clear our tab and we didn't have to pay for that night as we were leaving. (it's was about 7pm by then). This kind gester slightly comforted us after the dreadful treatment from the male manager (mid ish aged man with brown curly hair)..... But this feeling didn't last long. The next day the male manger tracked us down at our new hotel and damanded that we clear the tab and the female member of staff had made a mistake and it was only our breakfast that was given to us for free....(Pathetic gester after the treatment we received and morally once someone says you don't need to pay the tab "it's on us", it's pretty awful that they took that gester back). Anyway we cleared the tab in the end after we had argued with him about a "few extra things" had been added that weren't ours or had been paid in cash. Needless to say, but I wouldn't recommend staying at Posada Mexico if you have items of value.... But by all means stay somewhere else and go there for food. To be fair it's the best we eat in Zipolite. But I'd pay for everything cash and not run a tab... As "mistakes" can happen.

• Stayed: November 2013
7  Thank Karrimor84
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you're looking for a rustically charming place with friendly and attentive staff and great food, then this is it. Seriously. This is that place.

The owners seem to care and have made sure that the rooms are clean and creatively decorated and look out onto a beautifully maintained communal space. The restaurant offers some great Italian dishes at affordable prices (we both had fillet steaks and a bottle of half decent Argentine malbec and the bill was less than 500 pesos) and the chirpy guy behind the bar was a whizz at knocking up tasty cocktails (2 for 50 pesos)...although I did question his bull ring nose piercing.

The only minor criticism was that come Sunday my excitement about pizza from the wood fired oven was short lived as we were told only the breakfast menu would be available during the day. A missed opportunity.

Aside from that, this is a great place to stay and I can't thank the helpful and smiley staff enough!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple