Croftside B & B Chichester
Crouchers Hotel(Chichester)
The Nags Head(Chichester)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Bear Inn(Bognor Regis)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewseach morningwonderful staybed and breakfastperfect place to stayyogurtwonderful hostsvisiting the areastayed here for nightswest witteringpreservesfull englishgeoffboathousehollandaiseweddingaccommodationchichester
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have visited Croftside many times now and are still very satisfied with it. We have slept in all the rooms and tried all the beds. The mattresses are perfect as are the breakfasts! Both Geof and Sue work very hard to accommodate their guests and nothing is too much trouble. They are also very knowledgeable about the area and can recommend many things to do and see. We look forward to our next return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Croftside, Owner at Croftside B & B Chichester, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you so much for yet another glowing report on Croftside; it's always a pleasure to see you again, more like old friends now rather than guest and 'patron'. Hope you enjoy your trip to Portugal, and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My mum and I were very pleased with our choice to stay at croftside, we were visiting the area for a family wedding. the room was beautiful, light airy with modern furnishings, we were made to feel very welcome and had our own keys so we could come and go as we pleased. The location is very close to Chicester town centre and also a short drive from west witterings beach. There was a very handy information pack in the room which we found very useful. The breakfast selection was fantastic and cooked to perfection each morning, I would definitely recommend this lovely b&b. Thank you :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Croftside, Owner at Croftside B & B Chichester, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you so much, we are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very annoyed with this b&b.
We booked in advance and paid the deposit 50%.
Unfortunately the show we are supposed to be attending has been postponed due to the weather.
So i contacted them and tried to cancel my booking.
Apparently the deposit is non refundable which is a pity.
However i then tried to move the date until the end of August to coincide with the new festival date.
I was told that although i could do this, the deposit i had already paid was also non-transferrable which is a rip-off.
The place might be wonderful but their policies suck.
Avoid.
Needless to say, we've now booked elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PhilDartmoor
Croftside, Owner at Croftside B & B Chichester, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Sometimes all is not as it may at first appear ….. our terms are clearly stated on our website and throughout the booking process. In spite of this we did make an effort to help, especially as the guest was an exhibitor at the postponed Festival, but he chose not to accept our suggestion which would almost certainly have minimised his loss.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

We chose to stay at this establishment again over the New Year, as we have used it before and always found it to be excellent value for money. We have worked our way around all the bedrooms and were in the Boathouse this time. Having read a previous review I was surprised to see that the guest was disturbed by road noise. I have never found this to be a problem in the bedrooms and only ever heard an ambulance/fire engine go past. The Boathouse is so tucked away you can't hear anything (it's soundproofed), the guest must have had amazing ears! Geof and Sue provide a lovely selection for breakfast and the cooked option is to die for. The place is always spotless and the owners take pride in this business.

I was also surprised at the complaint about the towels, we have never found them hard and with regards to the tea bags, over New Year I had handfuls provided for my use at no extra charge.
We love the homely feel of the place and will be returning again in a few weeks to attend a family birthday party locally.
We would highly recommend this property and will continue to stay there whilst visiting our family and friends in the area.

Room Tip: The Boathouse is completely private, you can come and go as you please without feeling you are disturbing anybody.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Croftside, Owner at Croftside B & B Chichester, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

Thank you Lynton lady for your comments. It's always nice when a repeat guest takes the trouble to write a new review. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend, ahead of your family Birthday Party. Will make sure the Boathouse is warm and cosy for your arrival!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed for one night (thankfully) and booked at the last minute, in fact the night before. I booked the boat house suite in the garden which I thought would be a good option as the house is on a very main busy road and we don’t like road noise. I looked on their website and it said the room was £75.00 but when I called the owner he said it would be £85.00. I said about the website but he would not negotiate so I agreed on £85. I asked about breakfast and he said it was from 7 to 9 which I thought was very early for a Sunday so I asked how much it would be without breakfast and he said £80, even though they charge £7.50 each for breakfast. He also told me we could not check in until after 4pm and check out was 10.30.
I was not impressed with the conversation I had with the owner on the phone but against my better judgement decided to except his conditions.
We were shown to the boat house suite!! A small converted garage in the garden. The bedroom consisted of a double bed and just enough room to walk down each side if you walk sideways. The road noise was horendous. The towels were great if you like to exfoliate when trying to dry yourself. There were 2 tea bags. How mean is that? We had a cup of tea on arrival and then could not have another one in the morning!!
We went to breakfast which I must admit was very nice. At least they got that right! But the lady owner was walking around with bare feet. Not particularly appropriate. I choose this place based on the good reviews on Trip Advisor but I would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellertheworld
Croftside, Owner at Croftside B & B Chichester, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

It was hard to find this booking in my records, as the Boathouse was fully booked throughout September 2011, with no single night Saturday stays. The only single Saturday night stay was on the 22nd October 2011.

The popular Boathouse Suite, is a bespoke garden building (not a converted garage), originally commissioned as a sound proofed recording studio. It has since been adapted to provide flexible guest accommodation. With an overall size of 28’ x 11’ the B&B suite comprises a Bedroom with KS Bed, Lounge with 3 seater sofa, table, chairs, flat screen TV/DVD and guest fridge; a Shower Room and outside, a small secluded patio area.

The Boathouse is available for much of the year, but between April and October there is a 2 night minimum stay for B&B or 3 nights Self Catering. The published website B&B price in October 2011 was £80 per night, based on a 2 night stay. During this season, on the very rare occasions a single Saturday night is available and subsequently offered for sale, we do charge a small £5 supplement.

Property details and information are on our website, including Breakfast and Check In/Out times. When guests call to book by phone check in/out times are always advised; you do acknowledge you asked these questions prior to making the booking.

We are eco-friendly, and our towels are nearly always air rather than tumbled dried.

It is misleading for you to say we only give two teabags. We provide a selection of teas and coffees for guests; if you had enjoyed your favourite on arrival, as always, we would have been very happy to provide more of that variety on request. As you may recall, we always encourage guests to tell us if there is anything we can do to make their stay more enjoyable and comfortable.

Like most establishments our pricing structure varies according to type and season; the Breakfast price you quote is for Self Catering guests.

Croftside prides itself on a ‘home from home’ ambiance combined with a high standard of guest hospitality, so if my lack of footwear caused you offence, for this, I am sorry.

We were rather shocked to read your January 2012 review, as you gave no indication that you were unhappy whilst staying with us.