We made the trip down south in August to get away from the city for a couple of days and to catch a glimpse of the whale sharks. Couldn't find a good place close to the whaleshark watching site, so we stayed at Club Fort Med with the family of 9, half an hour away. As we were there on a weekday, we had the whole resort to ourselves. Perfect!
Cons - the pool is quite small
- the staff go home at night and the only person left at the resort is one security guard
- there's no stretch of sand (as expected down south), you have to go down the steps
and straight into deep water, which is ok for adults but not for children.
Pros - the place is green and quiet, the perfect out-of-town getaway. It gets very quiet at night
that you can hear the tiniest breaking of twigs and crashing of waves.
- took us 4 hours to drive from Mactan but the view on the way and at the resort is
- rooms are spacious and decent but the bathrooms need work.
There's a small restaurant and bar by the beach, food was ok but not spectacular. We didn't expect luxury but we expected a quiet peaceful and calming place to relax - and that's what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cebu Club Fort Med is a beach resort in the town of Boljoon, Cebu where friends, family and companies can spend their vacation from the bustling city life. It is surrounded by lush gardens and the sea - an intimate sanctuary in the South of Cebu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Cebu Club Fort Med Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cebu Club Fort Med Hotel Boljoon
- Cebu Club Fort Med Resort Boljoon, Cebu Island, Philippines