All reviews percy arms the pub sunday lunch bar area pie lamb mussels roaring fire evening meal staff were lovely fresh milk lovely food ate here special occasion real ale cheese board chunky chips
Reviewed August 12, 2018

just back from a couple of nights at the Percy Arms. I very rarely give 5 stars for hotels as there is always something they could do better. I tried my hardest to find fault with the Percy Arms but I failed!!
from the arrival to departure everything really was brilliant.
all front of house staff were friendly and helpful.
the rooms were spotless and very comfortable. well done the domestic staff.
the breakfast and evening meals were well cooked and plentiful. spot on kitchen staff.
I read a review on here that the meals were just pub grub standard well i am not easily please with my food and rest assured i was very pleased with the Percy Arms food.

an all round lovely experience.
i will be back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Vanessa C, Guest Relations Manager at Percy Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Percy Arms.

We are so pleased you enjoyed everything about your visit and the staff will be really pleased with your comments.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband booked a table for our first anniversary & having read the reviews we were looking forward to our meal.
On arrival we were taken to a corner table that was too low to eat from comfortably (I'm 5'10)
We were told there was no prawn cocktail to start & no pork for main which reduced the choices on the menu quite a lot.
I had mushrooms as a starter & my husband had mussels. The mushrooms were lovely but the mussels small & bland.
I had seafood linguini as my main & my husband the the roast chicken dinner. The portion size was large. The linguini had king prawns, fish & mussels in it with lots of cream but there was no flavour to it despite adding black pepper.
The chicken dinner had a large Yorkshire pudding & the vegetables were ok but there were only two small roast potatoes & a single roast parsnip. The gravy was very rich & tasty though.
The online booking form asked if it was a special occasion & we had said it was our anniversary but there was no recognition of that.
We were very disappointed with our visit & it took me longer to get ready to go out than to have our meal - wish I hadn't bothered!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Vanessa C, Guest Relations Manager at Percy Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Guest

Sincere apologies on behalf of all the team if you feel we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We also apologise for the oversight when we failed to mention or acknowledge your anniversary - sorry!

We value your custom and hope you will return at some point to allow us another opportunity to impress.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

We stopped at the Percy Arms for lunch and weren't disappointed. Living not too far away we'd heard some very good reports of the meals and the reports were very accurate. I decided to having the sharing fish platter as a meal and my wife had the hake. We sat outside enjoying the world (mainly buses) passing by and were served two thoroughly enjoyable meals. The service was very friendly and welcoming, the food excellent in taste, quantity and value. What more could anyone want?

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Vanessa C, Guest Relations Manager at Percy Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Guest

So glad you listened to the recommendations you were given and tried us for yourselves; great feedback thank you!

We hope you'll be back again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Had a salad there and it was excellent, needed a better knife to cut the beef which was actually very good but knife was blunt. Great chunky chips. Decor was fresh and very welcoming. Parking was easy although the pub was busy.

Room tip: Did not stay here.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Vanessa C, Guest Relations Manager at Percy Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and so pleased you enjoyed your meal.

We hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Ate here twice whilst on holiday and we were nnever disappointed.

Excellent food, great atmosphere, friendly attentive staff and good value.

Great views from the beer garden.

Well worth a visit.

Mike and Jacky

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear Mike & Jacky

So glad you enjoyed both of your visits to The Percy Arms.

We hope you'll be back again; perhaps as residential guests in one of our 5 beautiful en-suite guest bedrooms?