“Good Service Friendly Atnosphere”

Arrivederci Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 44 Restaurants in Balgowlah
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The food is always good consistent Italian, however it is not somewhere you can go too
often due to the prices, great for a special occasion.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We go to Arrivederci a few times a year, because it's has higher quality food than the other locals, but this comes at a price. Around $30 + for a main, plus veges etc. It's a renowned seafood restaurant, but unfortunately I don't like seafood. So there's pasta and veal, some fabulous stuffed mushrooms, always something for those of us who don't like seafood. I'm told their garlic prawns are excellent.

The menu is predominantly Italian, they have an extensive wine list, also BYO, and it make a great Limoncello. You can also order your food to take away.

The staff have been consistently positive; in their level of service, friendliness and professionalism. It's one of those places where we know exactly what type of food we'll get, type of service, good cutlery and crockery, comfortable seating, etc. Parking is easy too. Can't take it for granted though, occasionally it's been too full to get in, so we make sure to book.

When we found that they opened up for Valentines Day 2012, we opted to go to Arrivederci, because we knew what we'd get. We had a nice dinner and as always, with great service. Would have been a touch more romantic with appropriate music though.

In our opinion there's nothing really special about this restaurant, just decent, consistent food and service, I just wish it was a touch more affordable.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Balgowlah is making a name for itself as the home of authentic culinary excellence. I have known about Chez Maurice et Linda (a French restaurant) in Balgowlah for years, but I ask wonder why it has taken me so long to find the Italian equivalent just streets away.

Arrivederci Restaurant is understated. It has blue lighting outside and sits between a small dilapidated row of shops and a small but modern warehouse. Behind, construction works are taking place and it will soon be surrounded by a hardware warehouse. Don't worry, step inside, or even onto the open air terrace and you feel like you are in Italy. Not classical Venice or anything, but typical Italy.

And the food is truly authentic. It is as if they have taken the menu from their favourite restaurant in Florence, translated it into English and dropped it onto each table. A truly mouthwatering selection.

We went for bruschetta al pomodoro to start. The best I have tasted in a long time. Not soggy or bland. Quite flavoursome, fresh and slightly salty from the olive oil I guess. We followed this up with scallopine. I had scallopine campagna (I think it was called) and my guest had scallopine valdostana. Again, the freshness of the ingredients was clear. The taste was superb and well balanced. For dessert we each had homemade cannoli. Yum!

Service was friendly, and not bothersome. We didn't have someone hovering over our shoulder asking how the food was every five minutes, but they were there when we needed them.

The decor was simple, yet comfortable. The choice of indoor and outdoor seating is good. And it is a reasonably big restaurant, so family gatherings are possible with hearty Italian food. Perfect. It was not crowded the night we went, maybe just five or six tables.

The price wasn't cheap. But I think we got excellent value. The bill was $120 for 2 people, each having 3 courses, but no wine (December 2011). If it weren't for the price, I'd be back every night, but I will settle for once in a while or that special occasion.

1  Thank mtbsafari