“Great local bar and bar food”
Review of Mickeys Bar

Mickeys Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Dooega
Reviewed August 21, 2016

This is a great local bar just up from the beach and serving great bar food throughout the summer. The seafood platter and mussels are great!

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

My favourite place for mussels in all of the Westport/Achill area, they were fabulous. We stopped here for lunch after cycling the cliff side of the island all morning, so when we staggered in we were exhausted and more than a little thirsty.
Thankfully the welcome was lovely, the service was quick and the food was lovely. I really enjoyed the mussels, and would go back there for those alone. My husband has an extensive and very enjoyable seafood chowder and enjoyed that too.
On the outside this place doesn't really look like much, but it's well worth a stop as you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 31, 2015

We stopped at Mickeys Bar on our way to Keem Bay and we have to say that it was well worth the stop. The welcome we received was warm and friendly, the girl who served us was very knowledgeable about the food and the area and was quick and pleasant. The food is very well priced and as I ordered the sea food platter I can say it was one of the tastiest I have ever eaten. The food is fresh and plentiful and everyone agreed it was well worth the money, also have a pint of Guinness it was fantastic. Mickeys is a lovely little pub to stop at on your tour around Achill.

1  Thank dennis o
Reviewed August 3, 2015

Very small venue inside. Decent menu - opted for a panini with fries - this was grand, though a little sloppily put together. Staff were attentive but not the most friendly. Honestly, I'd probably drive on next time.

2  Thank NicNiB
Reviewed July 7, 2015

17 of us 'dropped in' or lunch with no notice. I was afraid the staff would be phased by this but they took it all in their stride. Everyone was served promptly, the food was fresh and tasty and everyone was very happy.

The crab claws and mussels were big hits.