Northern Outdoors Adventure Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sugarloaf Inn(Carrabassett Valley)
View Hotel
Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel(Carrabassett Valley)
Kineo View Lodge(Greenville)
View Hotel
All reviewsrafting tripcozy cabinwhite water raftingkennebec riverhot tubthe main lodgelodge roomsgreat weekendqueen bedyear after yearthis past weekendatv trailsadventure resortfull kitchenfire pitbreweryaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The staff was friendly, the place was clean, the food was good. If the hot tub was working I would give it a perfect score. I wish they had a TV in our room, it would have been nice, but we managed. The price of the room was a little higher then what we are used to for that type of room we got.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was my first time at Northern Outdoors, and I had the opportunity to spend it with much of the staff and quite a few of my classmates. The service, friendliness, and incredible fun we had will leave memories that we can all share for quite some time too come. The landscape is beautiful, the high ropes course near by is a blast and hopefully I'll be able to come back in the warmer weather to raft next summer!

Room Tip: The cabins directly to the left of the lodge are beautiful and HUGE!
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've been coming to Northern Outdoors each winter now going on 5 years. The staff at Northern Outdoors goes out of there way to make you feel at home. They have there own groomers and do a excellent job of maintaining there sizable trail system. I don't own my own sleds anymore but that isn't a problem since i can rent both the sleds and any gear i need at the lodge. Many times i take friends up with me who have never ridden before and each time they cant wait to go back. They have a wide range of menu items and give you generous portions so you will never go hungry. If your into beer don't forget to try there own line of beer they brew on site. All in all if your looking to enjoy the best Maine has to offer in the winter you have to check out Northern Outdoors!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Russell W, Owner at Northern Outdoors Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Paul:
Glad to learn you enjoyed your most recent trip to Northern Outdoors.

As you know we try hard to provide a top quality experience for our guests and it's always nice to receive recognition for our efforts. I will be sure to share your review with our staff and the folks at Backcountry Expeditions.

We look forward to seeing back on the trails in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Yes, I have a complaint or two.

First, the service was excellent - the staff often made suggestions that I reluctantly agreed to that turned out to be simply marvelous!
Secondly, the staff is always so friendly that I wish I had them for relatives instead of the twits I am stuck with due to genetics.
Thirdly, the food (and oh yes - the beer) was simply excellent but the portions are just way too large and I wanted to try more of the menu was was just too stuffed to do so!
So why am I complaining? I'm not really, I have stayed at Northern Outdoors over 20-25 times and if you keep it this up, I'll simply keep coming back for more :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trey F
Russell W, Owner at Northern Outdoors Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Trey:
Well, you had me with the title of your review.......then I read on.

Suffice to say, we'll keep doing what we do, if you'll keep coming back.

Thanks for being our guest and recognizing what we do to keep our guests coming back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My friends, family andI have been ringing in the new yea at Northern Outdoors for the past four years. The cabins are affordable, clean, and well maintained. The bar, lodge and grounds are also a great time; often offering live music. The lodge has wifi and a small game room, as well as a hot tub and very basic workout room. We had a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Russell W, Owner at Northern Outdoors Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Jeanie:
Thanks for staying with us the past four New Year's, we're delighted to have you as our guest and very happy to know that you, your family and friends enjoy your stays with us.