My husband and I brought 7 kids from 4 families ranging in ages from 17-21 rafting. We rafted the
Penobscot and Todd was our guide. He was funny, informative but most importantly
incredibly professional. He talked us through they key safety points, buffed
everyone's paddling skills and make sure everyone had a blast. The kids raved
about him. I was thankful that he had such a great command of the river that I
felt completely safe. I have rafted the Kennebec and Penobscot many times and was a guide in my youth. I can say without a doubt, Todd was the best guide that I have ever had. I highly recommend Northern Outdoors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Outdoors is a year-round adventure resort located in The Forks, Maine, only four hours from Boston. The company pioneered Maine whitewater rafting on the Kennebec, Penobscot, and Dead Rivers. Groups, families, and individuals enjoy affordable, fantastic adventure getaways. Relax at the big main lodge, onsite microbrewery, full service restaurant, 28 trailside and lakeside cabins and cottages year-round. Enjoy whitewater rafting, hiking, fishing, ATV trails, team building retreats, university programs, camping, snowmobile rentals and tours, and direct access to miles of trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Northern Outdoors Adventure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Outdoors Hotel The Forks
- Northern Outdoors Adventure Resort The Forks, Maine