“Time of your life!”

Three Rivers Rafting
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in The Forks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Three Rivers Whitewater runs 1 and 2 day trips on the Dead, Kennebec or Penobscot Rivers Daily. We use state of the art equipment and put the most time and money into training professional guide staff of any outfitter in Maine. All of our trips include home made meals that are second to none. But most importantly, our staff is here to make your trip fun. They are exceedingly friendly and take the time to make your trip what you want it to be. No request is too difficult to accomplish. If it is possible, we will do it to show you a good time. So look at the different trips we have to offer, gather your friends or family and join us for some serious fun!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I wish I could rate this 6 our of 5...circles. It was an absolutely amazing time and I'd love to go back again. All the guides are amazing and joke around with you while on the river. The rapids themselves are class 5 and can be intimidating but ultimately fun. They make you aware of the potential dangers but always make you feel safe.

They take pictures along the way and then play the photos and video back at the pickup spot afterward.

I could write a novel about this place talking about how good it was, but sadly I just don't have enough time to write all of it out.

Definitely choose The Forks for your rafting trip and I promise that you won't be dissapointed

All reviews
"awesome staff"
"awesome adventure"
"this past weekend"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 4 reviews
"steak"
"bucket list"
"super fun"
in 4 reviews
"river guide"

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I rafted the Kennebec River in a foursome of complete noobs with our awesome guide, Tony on June 19, 2013. The water was great and It was an extremely exciting experience. Our guide did a great job of keeping things light and seriously fun. I would absolutely do it again and I look forward to tackling some level five rapids with you guys later this year.

Food was also extremely good.

1  Thank Luis R
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Awesome staff and crew. Lovely cabin. Could easily accommodate 9-10 people.

As for the rafting, we timed it perfectly - Memorial Day weekend. We had about 2.5 times the expected amount of water release + rains. The trip was a real adventure with choppy waves and freezing weather. Loved it!

Photos : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151629203811858.1073741847.8247586857&type=3

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our trip was during Columbus Day weekend and it was the final release of the Dead River. We had a group of 15 and stayed in their largest cabin which was great. It could fit double the capacity so we actually had lots of privacy instead. We purchased the "all-inclusive" package which was the way to go - it included the rafting, our wetsuits and all of our meals. The guides and other staff were so much fun - you couldn't have a bad time. We cannot wait to plan our trip again for next year.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My dad won a three-day, two night trip for four at Three Rivers, and he decided to take my mom, my husband and I. We went September 21-23, 2012. My parents are in ther 60s and my husband and I are both in our 30s. The weather was predicted to be rainy all weekend, but we were excited to go rafting. I have been once on the Kennebec, but neither my mom, my dad nor my husband had ever been. We decided to rent full wetsuits, and it was a good choice. The water was actually much warmer than the air. We had Allison for a guide. She was awesome! She shared her knowledge of rafting and the sights along the Kennebec, and she saved my mom from falling out of the raft over Magic Falls. We had a great time with her as our guide. She had shared that she is the head guide at Three Rivers' facility in Millinocket, where they raft on the Penobscot. I would now like to raft that river, and if I do I would definitely request Allison as a guide. All the guides that wekend were a lot of fun. The food was great, and so was the atmosphere, The only negative was when we got to our cabin, it didn't look like it had been swept or vacuumed, and there was D-con on the bed where my husband and I slept near our pillow, and at one point a mouse ran through our living room.