“Good location on the beach”

Ristorante Restano di Gentile SNC
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Cervo
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely and reasonably priced fish meal. Very friendly family run restaurant in a welcoming and cosy setting by the sea

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a reviewReviews (415)

Reviewed October 24, 2017

I was there a few years ago, and I remember eating some scrumptious fish. I returned a few days ago mid-morning, needing to drink something. My companions and I ordered fruit juice and cappuccinos. The froth was simply perfect: thick and creamy, topping the coffee at the just right temperature, with accompaniment of delicious lady fingers. A totally satisfying snack. Now I must return to try their main cuisine again!|

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

Nice location in charming village. Food good, standard for area service also good. A must try if in the area.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed January 5, 2017

We were on the motorway from Switzerland, and hungry without time to make it to San Remo or Ventimiligia in time for lunch. We stopped in Cervo and found this restaurant by the sea - it was almost time to close and there was no one else there, but they were kind enough to keep the kitchens open and gave us a delicious pasta lunch with local slightly zingy wine (with a tiny sensation of fizz) - all very good. It was just a really pleasant break on our trip - I see some people have given it bad reviews but our experience was extremely good and they were very kind and considerate to us at short notice. I would expect that it would be very nice in the summer with the lovely sea view from the terrace.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 15, 2016

For memorable times I used to have here the best seafood risotto ever, to the point that during my stay, I a used to visit this restaurant more than once... perfect quality-price ratio.
Unfortunately, I don't feel like recommending this place anymore because last time was a disaster... I went again for 2 days in a row, the first day good as usual, the second day very bad...
Why is it possible? The owners are the same, the cook as well, so must be that they have no idea what customer service is.... the poor waiters were doing their best to provide a high quality service and please the customers even in a very busy evening, however the cook cannot keep up when is busy, because all dishes were tasteless and poorly made. Moreover, when I told to the grumpy owner that for the very first time I was very disappointed, she replied that they have the same cook, so my feedback was non sense!

Date of visit: September 2016