“Can't go wrong here....”
Review of Villa Ottilia

Villa Ottilia
Ranked #8 of 16 Oria B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2013

What can I say.... this was such a wonderful find for us. We were doing some research online (and here on TripAdvisor), and found Villa Ottilia. We decided to give it a try. We were driving through this area and wanted to stop here for a few nights and we are so glad we did! So much so, we have already planned a return trip next spring with some friends.

The hosts, Linda & Rita are some of the nicest people we think we have met...genuine and nice people (which is rare to find nowadays). We were in contact with Linda before our arrival and she helped us arrange our itinerary and gave us advice on where we should visit and what we should do...so much fun! We were visiting during the olive harvest, which obviously is not a common thing for us. We thought we would help a little, and so glad we did as now we can taste some of "our oil"! We take ownership very quickly :-)

The rooms here are very clean, spacious and breakfast in the morning was perfect for us.

If you are planning a trip through Puglia...you should go by Oria and stay here for a few nights...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my vacation in Oria! This was my first time down this far south in Italy and I was amazed at every corner. Villa Ottilia was the perfect spot not only from a location standpoint, but also from pure comfort. The rooms are simple, but clean and comfortable. We were in room Q and had a nice entrance to the terrace. My only complaint was that Linda made the Villa so comfortable that I didn't feel like exploring in the evening. Most nights were spent sipping wine by candle light outside, enjoying the perfect weather. Oria also served as a great starting point for the sights around Puglia, from Grottaglie to Ostuni to the beach in Manduria.

When we did venture out Linda had great recommendations for local cuisine, whether at the beach or in town. I'd been to Italy earlier in the year looking for a culinary experience and where that trip failed, this one exceeded my expectations and then some. Awesome.

I really can't wait to go back. Life is simple, olives, figs, wine, beach, sun, comfort and great hosts. Who could ask for anything more?

Thank you Linda and Rita!

Room Tip: If your traveling with a friend or a few folks then Q is the room for you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We staied in Villa Ottilia for 5 nights during the summer.I dont know from where to start-great hosts,incredible villa,clean,2 great and smiling dogs Tose and Kosmos;),amazing interior,best location and wine with chat every evening in the garden!This is not bed and breakfast,this is B&B and emotion!Rita and Linda makes you feel like you are in home and we will return always here when we can!The best place I have ever been!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed at Villa Ottilia on several occasions during the past couple of years and during spring, summer and fall.
Our most recent visit was last week and it was wonderful to see how green everything was. It grew flowers everywhere. Italy in spring was gorgeous.
Villa Ottilia is a place where you always feel welcome, the rooms are nice and extremely clean. The food is just amazing!!
It is a favorite spot for our family to stay at.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When visiting Villa Ottilia I felt the total harmony of life; their thought true interior design, excellent food and warm welcome will be with me forever!
Then you get all excited when visiting the nice old town of Oria, all the pretty beaches that goes on for miles or the friendly wineries with tastings of both wine and olive oils. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed at Villa Ottilia for 8 wonderful days and enjoyed every moment. Lovely Linda and Rita, her mother, made me feel a special guest in their typical southern Italy villa. The house is very tastefully decorated and spotlessly cleaned and maintained. It is placed in an area of olive grows, vineyards and orchards, alive with birdsong and fresh air, surrounded by a small garden and tall trees. A very relaxing place to stay, close to the small medieval burg of Oria, which is a gem by itself, perfectly located for exploring most of Puglia and Basilicata regions, with their old medieval little towns and villages, between sea and mountain. Highly recommended to everybody !

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are equally nice, I stayed in room "Deux" with a pretty view of the back garde...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Herb52
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We had a wonderful 20th year wedding anniversary starting with a few day stay in villa Ottilia. We had a warm welcoming, excellent service and comfortable stay at the B&B. We got our extra request on a cooking session, learning how to make local pasta, fullfilled thrue the management of Villa Ottilia. We also got to experience the local food cousine organized thrue Villa Ottilia. One day we drove to a beautiful beach to relax and enjoy. We also enjoyed the little old town of Oria with friendly people in a historical setting. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple