“Nice, small pasta bar”

Zafra Pasta Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Zafra Pasta Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hi. Zafra is a lovely, small family restaurant located in the heart of the picturesque village of Finchingfield (Essex) which specializes in fresh fish dishes, steaks and grills and pizza and pasta. Zafra is Italian at heart, but each dish is created by me, Frank Tyler.
Nottingham
“Nice, small pasta bar”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

1st visit to Zafra, in the pretty village of Finchingfield. It was reasonably busy, service was a little slow but acceptable. The food was hot and portion size was very good & exceptionally filling. Drinks were rather pricey though and this was quite disappointing. Reasonable selection on menu.

Visited January 2014

Essex, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit! ”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Nice fresh food, you can tell the chef puts lots of effort into his food - great fresh tasting Italian cuisine. The pasta here is really great! The restaurant is in the pretty village of Finchingfield, the atmosphere is warm and the hosts are friendly. I recommend! :-)

Colchester
“Not pretentious.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. We were the only people booked in early for lunch on a cold December Friday but never the less a full menu plus the days specials was available and Frank made us very welcome. The food was delicious and I am not a great fan of Italian food! The servings were very generous as opposed to the pretty but tiny portions served in many pretentious restaurants, which is one of my pet hates. Can not wait for our next visit although it is a sixty mile round trip. Places like this are few and far between.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Wurn
essex
“Yummy mouth watering tasty food!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food. Very tasty. Great chef frank who takes time to sit and talk to you. Very welcoming atmosphere. The steak is lovely and full of flavour. The desserts are good portions. I enjoyed my lunch and have been back as a most enjoyable meal. X

• Visited November 2013
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I booked this restaurant through an offer with the Cambridge News - two courses for £10. It is near where a good friend of mine lives so having made a couple of phone calls to the most helpful Frank we turned up rather later than I had said to be made very welcome by Frank who did not seem to mind that we were about half an hour late.

He explained the offer and I chose a fish pasta dish and my friend a ravioli cheese dish, mine was delicious with a generous helping of prawns, salmon and home made pasta. My friend said that her's was also excellent and the sauce on each (the same I think) was very tasty..

Unfortunately the dessert that I chose had been finished by Frank the previous night! so I chose the profiteroles. Frank said that the desserts were not made by him but they were very nice and well presented.

All in all this meal was very good value for money and I will definitely return, maybe in the evening as I believe it could be quite fun as Frank is a good host and as the restaurant is quite small with the right people dining the atmosphere should be good.

Well with a visit.