Christie Lodge
$200
$179
Westin.com
  • Pool
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa(Avon)(Great Value!)
$249
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
$175
Westin.com
$369
$166
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch(Beaver Creek)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsping pongcrock potvietnamese restaurantbeaver creekphohot tubindoor poolgame roomsrenovated roomsmall fridgequeen bedgrocery storetime sharecharter sportsfree shuttleski shuttleworked fine
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Christie Lodge is an average property. We were able to check in early and the staff was great at Check In. The room that we were assigned had a queen bed but it was tucked away in the corner (someone had to sleep against the wall - not preferred!!!). We moved our belongings into the room and left - hadn't noticed the terrible smoke odor until we came back in the evening. The shower area had a large clump of hair (not my color) in the tub! I tried to get beyond that but then the curtain on the window next to the bed had a terrible smoke/ tobacco smell. Also the internet didn't work in our room. When I called a about the stench of smell in the room, the evening manager was pretty much argumentative with me saying that 'all the rooms are non-smoking' and it's a 'very nice place to stay'. It wasn't until I told him that I was getting sick in the room (headache) did he offer to move our room to another location. We were moved to a room where the queen bed was not against the wall and there wasn't a stench in the room. If only they had checked us into this room initially it would have been a much different experience.
We aren't giving a 'poor' rating because it's evident that they are making improvements and as we walked around the lodge the next morning, we found the pools and whirlpools and public areas were well maintained.
Beware..... it wasn't until I had to go to the desk the 3rd time to get the correct room keys for the 2nd room that the desk staff actually told me that wifi (while free) doesn't always work in every room!
We won't be staying the full week at this location - primarily due to this experience

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bed that isn't against the wall! - 3rd floor and view of mountains
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkpick
Christie L, Manager at Christie Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Hello Grand Rapids Guest. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Christie Lodge. We pride ourselves on the quality and friendliness of our staff and I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate you with your early arrival. I am sorry to hear that the original room we assigned to you was not up to our standards and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you! As you found out we do have rooms that are not against the wall and will always work with guest requests on view and room configuration. We offer wireless internet as a complimentary amenity for our guests in our public areas, but do not advertise it as being available in all of our rooms, even though the signal does reach many of them. I will follow up with our housekeeping staff to determine why the first room you checked into was not up to expectation. Thank you again for allowing us to host your visit and I hope we have the opportunity to improve your experience on your next visit.

Tom Butz
Reservation Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed over the 3rd of July. The location was excellent, and the staff was friendly. Even though it was in the high country, it was very hot at night. We couldn't open the patio door, we were on the ground floor. All we had was a ceiling fan in the bedroom. It was not enough!

Room Tip: In the summer, get a room off the ground floor, so you can open the patio door.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rory P
kegizii, Director of Sales at Christie Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Denver,
We couldn't agree with you more!
As of the first of August ALL our rooms now have air conditioning.
Although fall will soon arrive; we are ready for the hot temperatures of summer.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kim

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I really liked this lodge. It’s a little older and you can tell by the rooms but they were clean. We was offered house keeping in the middle of the week even though the reservation said no house keeping during your stay. They pick up your garbage if you just put it outside the room every 1/2 hour or so. The rooms are setup a little weird because when you walk in the front door you walk through the bedroom but all and all the rooms did what they needed to for a nice stay. We had a beautiful view of the mountains from our balcony and I love the extras the hotel has. Such as wine and cheese tasting, bingo and bbq’s and lots of stuff for kids. They have indoor and outdoor hot tubs and swimming pools and there is a subway and a Mexican restaurant. We was able to get the internet from our room and you can walk to the grocery store and the liquor stores. Lots of restaurants and shops near by. The only complaint that I had and I almost feel guilty complaining about it because god knows without the air conditioner with 90 degree temps we would have been miserable. But the air conditioner is really loud and its in the front room so the bedroom kind of stays muggy and hot the whole time, we ended up opening the screen door and turning off the air during the night but the road near by is really busy so it was loud air conditioner or loud traffic.... but it was definitely better then no air conditioner at all! All in all I give the hotel an a

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cybrjunkii
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is the best deal in The Vail Valley for ski ing. A one bedroom gets you the large queen side bed or the new settee bed in the lounge which my husband and I use---and he is over 6 foot, and it is really comfortable. The bed we give to our teenage son, as it has its own TV with conections and a door to bathroom----which can be locked so the second door-from lounge can only be used when he has finished--so a great place for two couples to stay. There is an open fire with one block of logs, but you can purchase more if you like a fire, but central heating is very good too. It has a small kitchen area with electric griddle pan, which I made pasta dishes, rice dishes and of course all the naughty fry ups!!! microwave, kettle, coffee maker, fridge, dish washer. all the crockery, cutlery, and well fitted out. There is an on site laundry, which I thought was cheap--takes quarters but reception will give you change, take your own washing powder, as small packets not worth price, Dryers are large and wonderful. All the Staff are wonderful, and the rooms are clean. There is a fitness room sauna, three spas, and swimmingpool. The ski bus stops right outside to take you up to Beaver Creek, and the bus to Vail is just accross the way--seniors pay a doller each way and under 18s too the rest could buy an unlimited bus rides for a month for £100 on a ticket which you could sell or pass on at the end of the week or two weeks. price each way to Vail is $4.00 and also to Eagle Airport. The cheapest way to travel from Denver is to Hire a Dollar car hire to Eagle--works out at $45 one way trip. then catch Bus to either Avon or Vail for just $4 each. The main Lobby has wonderful seating area, one part at the left hand side has a really lovely seating area with enclosed fire. There are shops and restaurants all over Avon --Dennys has gone--but some tour operaters still have it on their list. Fiesta Jalisco in the Market place is cheap and a very good Mexican.Subway and a restaurant are also in Christie lodge. City Market also 5 minute walk away has EVERYTHING fresh fruit/fish/meat wonderful ranges of every ice cream you could mention. If you get a city market card,-just ask on first day--it lasts every year you come, and you get some really special deals on. I could just go on and on about this place. And it might be worth checking out buying a time share here as we bought two weeks and loved every minute of it. There are some good prices now go on web browser under BUY TIME SHARE. We paid a premium price, but now you can pick up for a bargain.They are putting air conditioning in all units for next summer too.

Room Tip: choose a third level room, with a balcony--you can see more of Avon--but all rooms are a good size
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank gardenofEden667102
kegizii, Director of Sales at Christie Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Hello United Kingdom,
It is so nice to hear from you. All of your comments are so very kind.
We are working very hard to remodel our physical spaces and update our amenities; so your words are nice to share.
We have just finished the common areas, with new carpet and furniture. All units now have air conditioning. The front bus access doors are next! (This will make it easier for skiers to enter and exit the building).
Please "LIKE" us on face book and watch for updates-we have many more plans in the works!
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Please feel free to call me, should you need anything.
With appreciation,
Kim

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was a last minute booking as it was only one available in whole area . As previous reviews have stated, it's a very old complex. The rooms are accessible by stairs only, quite an indoor maze. Room layout is shotgun with a queen tucked into area by door with a very high narrow cot like bed on other wall. Hallway leads to front room with a hideabed, 1 club chair, kitchen table against wall with 4 chairs Kitchen counter above college room sized frig, is 30"x40" no stove but an electric skillet, plus small space above dishwasher.. No cabinets to speak of. There was a portable heater/airconditioner in fireplace but it failed to cool the bedroom. A box fan at least moved air in that area Indoor hot tub was good, plenty of towels there. Sheets and towels switched out 4th day. we were in 191, first floor by game tables and indoor pool, noisy til 9:15 when security shut soccer teams down Don't recommend on site restaurant, bike shop was helpful and friendly.. Close access to Nottingham Park and Eagle Valley trail along river (get on at Westin). Easy access to I70 My daughter, 3 yr old grandson and I managed, but not sure I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid pool/ game table area if quiet is desirable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family