“Unreal Chef”
Review of Blue Plate

Blue Plate
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 6
Transit: Eco Transit, our valley wide bus system stops just two blocks away at the Avon Station. Depart the bus and walk West to HWY 6 and then walk one block South. We are on HWY 6 to the right. For the Avon bus system, get off at the Christie Lodge and cross the street.
Description: Like all Americans, the cuisine at the Blue Plate, Avon CO has ancestors from around the globe. They call their world-inspired food "Americana cuisine."
Edmonton, Canada
“Unreal Chef”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Chef Adam Roulstom has got a great idea on how to keep people coming back to his restaurant. Good Food for a great price.

• Visited November 2010

wollongong
“A must when visiting Beaver Creek/Vail”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

A home cooked meal! You must try the Schnitzel night (Thursday Nights). We dined at this restaurant 2 times during our stay at Beaver Creek. Jumped on the free shuttle bus and enjoyed a great meal and good service. My 13 year old is still raving about the ribs. Would I recommend this restaurant - Absolutely!

• Visited January 2011
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service, Terrible Management.”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

My family's experience at Blue Plate Bistro was terrible. We went for fried chicken night and left without eating and without any explanation from management why we waited over an hour for food that never came. Management's best "response" to the delay.....we give higher priority to take out orders. Not once did the waitress or manager apologize for the delay. In fact, both became very defensive when we inquired about our food and how much longer it would be. My family (6 adults and 2 children under the age of 8) ended up leaving Blue Plate Bistro and eating dinner at Burger King. I own a unit at The Charter and I advised the concierge about our experience. The concierge advised me that Blue Plate Bistro is not one of the restaurants they recommend to their guests. Wish I had spoken to the concierge before going out to dinner that night.

Even after waiting an hour our food never came. Therefore, I have no idea if it is good or not.

Edwards, Colorado
“Best value in town”
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I had dinner with my family a couple of nights ago and was very surprised with the quality of both, the food and the service.
The Chateau I ordered was cooked to my specification and the creamy peppercorn sauce was the best I had in many years. My wife had the Lamb rips and she is still talking about them today and insists we go back for more. They also have a kids menu and my youngsters want to go back for the Mac&Cheese which certainly is not out of the box. Actually I just might order that for myself.
Great service too. Rachel was very gracious and efficient
Prices are very reasonable for the Vail Valley

vail, co
“Tips from a local”
Reviewed December 4, 2010

This is one of the best restaurants in the Vail Valley! The menus are great. Brunch is amazing with alot of options other than your normal breakfast joint. Several different eggs benedicts, great bloody marys and AMAZING fruit waffles. Lunch is always fast which is great when you're on a short lunch hour. And dinner? Wow. So many great dishes on the menu. The chef has a great flair for mixing flavors. The dinner specials are always tasty and they have a great wine list. Everything is very affordable and the portions are on the larger side. I sometimes come in just for the homemade dinner rolls. I would highly recommend Blue Plate Bistro. I would definately make reservations for dinner as they tend to get pretty busy during the winter.