“Excellent meal!”
Review of Blue Plate

Blue Plate
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 6
Transit: Eco Transit, our valley wide bus system stops just two blocks away at the Avon Station. Depart the bus and walk West to HWY 6 and then walk one block South. We are on HWY 6 to the right. For the Avon bus system, get off at the Christie Lodge and cross the street.
Description: Like all Americans, the cuisine at the Blue Plate, Avon CO has ancestors from around the globe. They call their world-inspired food "Americana cuisine."
Chicago
“Excellent meal!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We love this place. Good atmosphere. The food was great. I had the trout. Kids each had the steak from the Children's menu. Perfectly cooked. My husband had the veal schnitzel - very good. I had the trout - excellent. Plus the chef/owner Adam came out to the tables and spoke with everyone and made sure all was great with their meal. He also was donating 25% of customer's bill to Somali relief!

Visited March 2014

Denver, CO
“Very good food, great service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was a bit nervous visiting this place based on some reviews about poor service. Our server could not have been nicer or more attentive. They obviously take feedback to heart. The food was very good. I wish that I had tried the schnitzel as that seemed to delight the diners around me. My tenderloin shoulder steak was very good, tender and well seasoned. The peas and mashed potatoes were also great. This place seems to use quality ingredients and let the food speak for itself and it works. Give it a try. The ambiance is very nice and the prices are great for ritzy Beaver Creek.

Irving, Texas
“A Myriad of Gold Stars for The Blue Plate!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Anyone lucky enough to come upon a restaurant where Chef & Wife are involved in the preparation of the food and in the comfort of the patrons is going to be in for the dining experience of a lifetime - The Blue Plate in Avon, CO is the place.

My wife & I dined here on a busy Friday in March, but we were made to feel as if we were the only couple in the restaurant. While Chef Adam and his team are busily preparing the fine cuisine (nothing to hide, you can see them working), his wife Ellie is the last point of review before individuals receive their "masterpieces en plate" - passion & love in every dish!!!

My wife had the trout and I had the duck - we were first struck by the fresh taste & moist texture of every aspect of the meal - peas and carrots tasted as though they had just been picked before preparation - the dessert - we had the "popover" - WOW!!! - light and airy - not your ordinary popover by any stretch. Lest I forget, although I am not a fan of lamb, Chef prepared a marvelous appetizer combining hummus & lamb that loved and that I will never forget!

When in the Beaver Creek-Vail resort areas, do not miss dining at the The Blue Plate - you owe it to yourself!!!

Naples, Florida
“Excellent fondue”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went here because we saw that they have cheese and chocolate fondue on the menu. It is fantastic! This place is charming and the food is wonderful. The. Only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is that the service was somewhat lacking.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Best dinner we had at the Beav”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Loved the Blue Plate from the moment we sat down. From the service not being too pushy, to the pace of the meal, it was just awesome. First of all the bread that they start you off with is some of the best in the valley. My wife is a gluten-free eater, but when she saw my face after I tried the bread, she had to try it...and she agreed. The grape leaves for an app was a great way to go after that. In fact for our last night we had some soup leftover from our grocery trip that we had to eat. We combined that with the bread and 2 grape leaves apps and we were in heaven at our place. If they have the poached chicken as a special, get it. We've never had poached chicken before and it was incredible. The jasmine rice was cooked in the chicken broth with some pita chips. It is served with pomegranate seeds and other pieces of delicious that I cant remember. Just get it. Trust me.