“Nice place for a quiet dinner”
Review of Blue Plate

Blue Plate
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 6
Transit: Eco Transit, our valley wide bus system stops just two blocks away at the Avon Station. Depart the bus and walk West to HWY 6 and then walk one block South. We are on HWY 6 to the right. For the Avon bus system, get off at the Christie Lodge and cross the street.
Description: Like all Americans, the cuisine at the Blue Plate, Avon CO has ancestors from around the globe. They call their world-inspired food "Americana cuisine."
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Quiet restaurant with a bar area with a little bit more happening. I had the fist special. It was very good and good value. My husband had the meatloaf. He enjoyed it and his serving was quite large. We didn't have an appetizer or salad since we aren't big eaters. A big eater would have wanted something additional with the fish but was perfect for me.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went here for the first time when we were in the Beaver Creek area. The food is good; but not pretentious.I had the pork schnitzel which was one of the specialties. It was served in the traditional way with potato salad and a green salad. It was absolutely delicious. My husband had the meatloaf that was a combination if sausage and beef. He found it to be a bit dry but very flavorful. One son had the crispy duck, which was excellent. Our other son had the Korean surf and turf special which was bacon wrapped shrimp, short ribs, with homemade kimchi; it sounds unusual, but he thoroughly enjoyed it. Our server was very helpful and the service was great.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Had a few things in the restaurant from the dinner menu, liked the best the dolmas (on the small side) and the apple strudel.

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Meatloaf, Onion Soup. Kids portions were huge. pop overs for desert are worth ordering. Service was great until food came. Otherwise 5 stars.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Last year, while on my annual ski vacation, was my first time at the Blue Plate Bistro….I liked it so much I went back at least 3 times on that trip. This year I went 5 times. The schnitzel dinner is outstanding. The tapas is an innovative revolving menu, full of flavor and creativity…don’t miss out on the beet dip, mussels, babaganosh, and much more. The bar has great ambiance and the staff friendly and attentive. Chef Adam and hostess Ellie are very welcoming and have made all my experiences at the Blue Plate Bistro a wonderful trip to "flavor town".