“Duck!”
Review of Blue Plate

Blue Plate
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 6
Transit: Eco Transit, our valley wide bus system stops just two blocks away at the Avon Station. Depart the bus and walk West to HWY 6 and then walk one block South. We are on HWY 6 to the right. For the Avon bus system, get off at the Christie Lodge and cross the street.
Description: Like all Americans, the cuisine at the Blue Plate, Avon CO has ancestors from around the globe. They call their world-inspired food "Americana cuisine."
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My hubby loves the duck and says it's possibly the best he has ever had. I owe them a decent review if he loves it so much!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I tried hard to make this a 4 rating but I just couldn't. On first impressions this one looks likely to deliver, and mostly it does. On the positive side, the food is generally of a good standard, with a good range on the menu. One of the signature dishes though was disappointing, the veal schnitzel was pretty dry and tough. Overall we would still say the food quality is fine. Service wise, it was a good start, with an attentive waiter, but as it got busier, it was obvious that they lack front of house staff, it was almost impossible to get the check. One word of warning, they don't take AMEX, thus it has to be a 3 and not a 4.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have tried to visit this restaurant several times in its previous space and could never find it open, but now it is located in the same building in Avon as Vin 48, so it is very convenient with doorside parking. The restaurant itself has a modern but warm quality inside. We thought the food was very good. I had the pork schnitzel, which is one of their specialties and it was delicious, served with german potato salad and lettuce. Our daughter had the roast chicken that came with mashed potatoes and something else--spinach, I think. It was wonderful. My husband had a strip steak. Their steaks are also supposed to be a high point. He ordered the steak medium rare, but it came out looking like what both of us would call medium, which was a bit of a disappointment, but it's always difficult to know whether a restaurant just has a different definition of steak doneness. So as a caution, if you go and order steak, order it to a temperature less done than you normally would, because the owner who looked at it said that it looked medium rare to her. It was still juicy, but not really even pink. My appetizer was what was essentially tempura vegetables and they were wonderful. We all shared the popover and the chocolate fondue for dessert and they were both delicious. Service was good and pleasant. It looks as if there are two rooms to this restaurant, one in the front and one in the back, and the one in the back looks bigger but otherwise I don't know what the difference is. We were in the room in the front in a booth and it was very nice. We are going back tonight so will see how it is on a return visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a very nice meal here our first night in BC. Fondue was yummy, service was very good. All of the meals were well prepared, I recommend this place.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food was excellent, although the service lacked. When we walked in, we had to wait for about 20 minutes because the table we had a reservation for had customers who were "lingering" after they had eaten their food. Our waiter, did not talk to us much, except asking for our food and drink orders. As said before, the food was delicious. We ordered the fondue, which was amazing! On the way out, we saw a chef smoking by the dumpster, which was slightly disturbing.