“Awesosme place, great food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Plate

Blue Plate
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 6
Transit: Eco Transit, our valley wide bus system stops just two blocks away at the Avon Station. Depart the bus and walk West to HWY 6 and then walk one block South. We are on HWY 6 to the right. For the Avon bus system, get off at the Christie Lodge and cross the street.
Description: Like all Americans, the cuisine at the Blue Plate, Avon CO has ancestors from around the globe. They call their world-inspired food "Americana cuisine."
Vail, Colorado, United States
“Awesosme place, great food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to eat in the valley. The outdoor patio is awesome. THe inside has a family side and othe other adults only side, I love having the choice. My family enjoys watching the chef's cook-the kitchen is open for viewing-very cool!
My favorite meal is the fondue! We LOVE IT!

We'll be back....

• Visited September 2012

“Great ambiance, friendly staff, good food, good value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Love plants on patio! Great food ! Had the BACON sandwich and Blue salad! Super yummy! Fresh food! Dinner menu looks great too! I will be back soon! Thanks! Great specials

New York City, New York
“Vegetarian review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I were here on vacation and came into Blue Plate after looking at their menu. Being that we are both vegetarian, its hard to find a restaurant with creative options. They had a few mediterranean options that we normally enjoy but when we saw the cheese fondue we were hooked. We had that as an appetizer and for dinner we shared a zuccini pasta that was really saucy and delicious. Next time though, I may just have the fondue for all three courses. :P Great service! Very tasy food! We were asked to write a review if we enjoyed ourselves, and its worth every bit. Thanks!

Avon, Colorado
“The best meal in Avon…We enjoyed Blue Plate for Dinner, Lunch and Brunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This restaurant is the treasure of Avon, great food, excellent service and very passionate owners also the location is the best; walk distance to the lake, river and hotels. the menu is incredible I had the Dinner special “trout Almondine” whole trout crusted with almonds and potatoes, serve on top of a bed of warm baby spinach green apples and potatoes finished with a Rose champagne sauce, also we love the cheese fondue, Meatloaf, the roasted chicken and the steaks the dessert menu is UuuMmm!! Yummy!! Chocolate fondue, tiramisu, the most delicious flour less chocolate cake and our favorite POPOVER is how they called the American suffle, their lunch menu is very good and tasty, we enjoyed brunch very much we arrive late around 12:30 to order late breakfast we were very satisfied with their many eggs benedict choices, Mimosas and blodymary super affordable… This restaurant is the little treasure in Avon CO, Fine dining food with Casual prices.

• Visited September 2012
“Amazing dinner and ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at blue plate after a long day of traveling and we were starving, looking for a good meal. Well I am glad we chose Blue Plate! My boyfriend and I were seated in the sun room (which is an adult only room, an awesome concept I don't understand why all restaurants would not incorporate this into theirs) which has an awesome view of Beaver Creek. We decided to go all out and order a four course dinner. We started with the onion soup and the blue salad and then moved onto cheese fondue all three great choices. Oh I almost forgot the bread they bring to start off your dinner is to die for. We both had steaks for dinner, I got a filet with a baked potato and the sautéed garlic zucchini and my boyfriend got the ribeye with the same sides, the horseradish beef jus sauce is awesome too. Both of our steaks were cooked to perfection, juicy and tender. We ended the flourless chocolate cake so rich and delicious. Overall great service, extensive wine list, amazing food with many menu choices to please all taste buds. Throughout the night we met the two owners, Ellie and Chef, you can really tell they want and do have a hand on all the operations in the restaurant. Definitely a must if you come to visit Avon.