“Really good food, coffee and atomosphere”

Loaded Joe's - Avon
Ranked #20 of 47 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is great spot to stop for coffee or breakfast on the way on or off the slopes or if you're just passing through. I enjoyed a tasty breakfast and some nice scenery here. I could see that it would be a good spot to hear music or hang out and have a conversation with someone. Prices are really good for the area and you won't feel out of place if you're not rich, you might just feel like a local.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Came in for sit down breakfast, first mistake-service, what service. I understand being busy, 8ish tables with 2 servers is extremely busy? 45 minutes for first course, French toast, when I went to ask our waitress if it was on its way she said "it was coming", I think that is when she rang it in. I gave her the rest of our order and poured a glass of water and brought it to the other person at my table. 10 more minutes out came French toast which seemed like it had been rushed...not worth the wait. Ordered a Milky Way espresso drink, took over 15 minutes before I got it to the table-gave it almost 5min of sitting at the counter after it was called out before I got up and made sure it was mine before taking it back to my table...almost worth the wait. Toast not toasted, potatoes not anything to talk about. On a positive note bacon & eggs were amazing!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Love this restaurant! It's a very simple restaurant with a great breakfast! It was within walking distance from our hotel and was the delightful start to almost every day of our stay. I'm not a coffee drinker but can tell you the daily tea features were fun and delicious (I'd have them make mine iced). I hear the coffee is great too! They don't make poached eggs here but you can get almost any other style and the potatoes are seasoned very well with a special mix of ingredients...very tasty!! Staff is friendly and attentive and eating out on the flower-lined deck provided a lovely view of Beaver Creek. Just lovely!!

Kent B, Owner at Loaded Joe's - Avon, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am proud of our staff and can't wait to share your review with them!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had heard great things about Loaded Joe's in Vail but were warned that there were very few seats so we were excited to see there was a Loaded Joe's in Avon. We were disappointed. The atmosphere was more like an Internet coffee house. Okay, we could go with that but then the food was delivered and it was very ordinary and on the cool side. Looking around, we noticed that sure enough...most people were drinking coffee and working on their computers. That is what we should have done.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Loaded Joe's got great reviews for breakfast so perhaps my expectations were too high. And, when I ordered a cup of decaf, my lower expectations were met with "We don't have decaf." The menu was surprisingly limited, in my opinion, and the good old basic breakfast I was hoping for just didn't happen. If you run out of breakfast options, go to Loaded Joe's. Otherwise, give Bob's Place a try, or perhaps Northside Kitchen. Joe's is nothing to write home about.

Kent B, Owner at Loaded Joe's - Avon, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hi Tim, thanks for taking the time to write us a review and give us feedback. I'm sorry that you were told "we don't have decaf". Our server should have communicated that we make decaf Americanos individually to order. Rather than brew a pot a decaf and ultimately either waste it or serve less than the freshest of coffee to our customers, we've found that serving a fresh gourmet cup of decaf (i.e., an Americano), made-to-order is a solution that most of our customers appreciate. If this was not communicated to you then that was our failure and a missed opportunity on our part.