“Great coffee spot”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Avon
Bermuda
“Great coffee spot”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Only stopped for a coffee but was tempted by the beautiful cakes on display so we indulged! Friendly and good service. If you need a cake to take home there are some great choices.
Parking nearby, opposite City Market grocery store.

• Visited September 2013

Chicago
“Local favorite - I'm not a convert”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've eaten here several times with friends in the area - easy spot to meet for lunch. Reasonably priced. We usually get the soup/salad combo that comes with chips and a free baked good. Last time, the soup was merely tepid even though we asked for it to be piping hot. I've also tried the quiche which was tasty but within an hour I was quite sick. Had egg salad another time with the same result. So...not too inclined to try anything with eggs again. Coconut macaroons are awesome! We had seven in our group this time and two meals were brought out and then it was several minutes before the rest appeared which was awkward. My friends, who live here, eat at Columbine all the time and really love it. They especially like the tri-color pasta and the beef bourguignon. I'm so-so about this restaurant but since my friends think it is awesome and go there often, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and award three stars. Personally, I'd rather eat somewhere else.

• Visited January 2013
Amarillo, Texas
“Really great bakery”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Our second time here. Place was busy but we got right to table. We ordered quiche, Philly subs, and soup & salad. Service was good even though very busy. All food was great. We also had the Batavian cake (part of meals), it was superb.

Avon
“They treat new customers like dirt unless they know you for a long time”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I went to this bakery and I stood there forever and I felt like I was invisible. The waitress actually attended to the people behind me in line and acted like I did not even exist. I let it go but after 3 people behind me were seated while completely ignoring me I decided to leave. Very nasty waitress.

I can never go back there again after the way I was treated. They made me feel less than human.

• Visited July 2012
Denver, CO
“Clearly didn't want our business”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We attempted to have lunch at the Columbine Bakery & Cafe in Avon on Thursday, July 1st. From the outside it looked like a nice little cafe and upon entering the baked goods display looked appealing. The problem was we were barely greeted upon entering, the waitress just pointed to a table for 4 (we had our 8 & 10 year olds with us). We sat and were given menus but offered no drinks, it took atleast 10 minutes until a waitress even approached us so we could ask what the soup was, she immediatly left without getting our drink orders. She returned about 5 minutes later and when we tried to order 2 different items off their reletively small menu, they had neither. She was rude and seemed to have little time for our family, when we decided to leave without placing an order, she could have cared less. We frequent the Vail/Avon area often, but will not attempt to visit here again. It is a shame that customer service was so poor.

3 Thank redjet