“Should have gone to Subway”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Mountain Grill - CLOSED

Red Mountain Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Houston, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should have gone to Subway”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I were on vacation recently in the Rockies and we decided to give this poor reason for an eatery. After a long day we decided to give this place a try for dinner. I had a salad that was very good and my wife had an over priced pasta dish. I had a cocktail with my dinner and when I got the check I was overcharged for the drink. When I pointed this error to the the server she was taken back. After pointing this out it took over 15 minutes to get the check corrected. By the way, the pasta dish was very salty. TOO MUCH SALT.

We should have gone to Subway!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DRF81

Arvada, Colorado
“Avoid at all costs!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family and I stayed upstairs at Chapel Square. We ate one meal at the sushi restaurant next door and it was good. This place was really poor!

To begin, it was 7pm on a weekday night and nobody greeted us at the door. We waited for a few minutes and watched staff go buy us, or congregate and chit-chat, but nobody welcomed us. We finally walked up to the gaggle of servers and asked to be seated. All they did was grab menus and seat us. Still no "hello" or "welcome."

Not a good first impression.

When we finally got seated our server acted like she wanted to be ANYWHERE but there! She was rolling her eyes, looking bored and couldn't answer questions about items on the menu. The vibe was strong that she didn't care at all.

She got almost everyone's drink order wrong. It took forever for us to get our food (half hour from order to table) then the food orders were wrong. When everyone finally got their correct orders, 45 minutes after sitting down, the food was bland. My son's hamburger was cold. It was severely over-priced. The restaurant had maybe a dozen customers at the time. Food shouldn't take that long.

The staff was very unprofessional. They would congregate at the end of the bar laughing and giggling but not paying attention to their tables. We had to go up to the bar to get more napkins, a full ketchup bottle and water. It seems once the food was put down the server disappeared. There didn't look to be a manager on duty.

When we left the servers and bartender just looked at us. Not even a "thank you."

There are much, much better options within walking distance. This place was a rip-off.

3 Thank Jan B
usa
“Great fish and chips, wonderful beer selections on tap!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went for the friday night fresh walleye fish and chips, sat at the bar and were pleasantly surprised by the freshness of the fish, very light batter, and good skin-on fries. The barkeep was more than helpful, and poured us several small glasses of his favorites to taste. The bill was very reasonable, and everyone friendly. I cannot speak to anything but the friday night fresh fish special, but I highly recommend it if that is what you are jonesing for. The interior space is a little funky, that is the only reason I am not giving it 5 stars. I think this space used to be an outback steakhouse, and possibly other things before that.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Expected More”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went for dinner and drinks this week....
This place is located just off of I-70 in a shopping center.
The inside decor and ambiance were enjoyable - much like a mountain ski lodge.

I ordered "Fish & Chips" at a place that I considered to be a brew pub.
How can you screw this simple order up - right?
Well, I was wrong...... what little fish was in the "fish" portion was mushy and tasteless.
The bottom third of the "fish" was just batter. Overcooked, greasy fried dough.
The accompanying fries were not much better - served lukewarm to cold, and greasy.
They looked like left-over McDonald's fries that had sat in grease.

Food: Don't. Go for the beer selection
Ambiance: Lively and fun
Cleanliness: Yes
Parking: Large surrounding parking lots
Beer selection: Good for a Colorado brew pub
Service: Average. Good once you get the waitresses attention
Price: Fair

Recommendation: Learn how to cook classic pub-fare, or don't offer it as a selection on your menu.

Would recommend: Only - if they hire a decent cook, or only for beers at current state
Would patronize again: Yeah - I'd give them a second shot.

1 Thank COTraveller33
“Run!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Went to this place to try the beer selection, which I heard was good.... Got the spicy chicken wrap and inside was a suprize! The long black hair! Not something I ordered.... Listen people this stuff happens, but how the staff handles it is what counts. I let the waitress know, and without even talking to me she swoops up the plate only to return with a brand new wrap. Had she told me what her plan was I would have told her not to bring another one because at that point I had lost my appetite. Finished my second beer and asked for the check and the had charged me for the sandwich.... Pretty bad. I walked out grossed out and payed for a sandwich I dident even eat... Too many choices in the valley to go back!

• Visited January 2013