“Great bagels and breakfast sandwiches” 4 of 5 bubbles

Avon Bakery & Deli
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Great bagels and breakfast sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice little place that can be very busy! The egg sandwiches are great. I have tried to go buy bread after lunch and they were completely out, hit it in the morning

reno
“seemed just average to me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

i had the roast beef sandwich. the bread roll was just ok--not particularly tasty. the amount of beef seemed generous. the sandwich was not bad, but I don't understand the high ratings for this place. maybe it was just the sandwich I ordered or a bit of an off day for them

• Visited January 2014
Northen Colorado
“Very tasty bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Bakery is always first on my list in any town.This is one of the best if you like REAL bread,not wonder bread.We got five different breads and they all are great.My favorite is whole wheat,my daughter's rosemary.Crust is perfect,and so soft inside.One day we were lucky to try croissant;just air and butter,very nice.Next day they were sold out,so we got bagels,good too.Service was prompt and efficient both day.Definetly come again whenever we go to glenwood springs.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Denver
“Waited 29 minutes for 1 breakfast sandwich.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Incredibly LONG wait. All of the customers were really frustrated, some just wanting their money back. We could have gone to a sit down breakfast place and been out of there sooner than waiting.i wish we would have known it was going to be like that or we would not have gone. They are definitely not ready for ski season. Horrible service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Sandwich Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I decided to stop here for lunch on my way through Avon last month, and it was one of my best decisions ever! It’s a tiny deli shop but when I saw the crowd of locals inside, I knew it would be good; it actually turned out to be great! I was hungry so I not only had the Italian sandwich but also Grandma Verdirame’s Homemade Meatballs Sandwich – both were mouthwatering delights! I wolfed those puppies down in record time! Awesome bread and fresh ingredients make this place the perfect spot to enjoy a tasty meal in the mountains!

• Visited October 2013