“Best Local's Hangout”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the Lodge at the Avon Center
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I love Bob's! You can always count on great food from their extensive menu. My favorites are the enchiladas and nachos. The staff is friendly and helpful but not overbearing. They are excellent at accommadating my requests to watch my small college basketball team. You can't miss at Bob's!

1  Thank Adrienneski

Reviewed February 1, 2011

I have been to Bob's Place many times with my family when we stay at the Sheraton or Westin hotels to ski at Beaver Creek. The menu offers a good variety of choices at a fair price and the service is always friendly. It is also a great place to watch sports if you want to get out for a while. Excellent value in an area where it is easy to spend $75-100 per person on dinner. Give it a try-I don't think you'll be dissappointed.

1  Thank businv
Reviewed January 31, 2011

After asking many locals this seemed to be the unanimous consensus where to watch the Jets dismal playoff appearance against the Steelers. Bob's staff is super-friendly and they have great food at reasonable prices. The bar is the place to watch any game! However, we made it back for the huge Benedict selection for breakfast and then later had the best fajita's ever. Thanks Bob for the great food & great times. The only thing that would make Bob's perfect is if the Jets had won.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

It was late, 10pm, when we walked into Bob's Place bar to grab some food after arriving in Avon. It was dark, dingy and just a dump. Some guy told us there was no wait staff, but when we sat down another guy brought us a menu. My food was below average and very expensive ($14.99) for a "buffalo" grilled chicken salad (the buffalo part was a small container of hot sauce on the side). My husband's italian sandwich made of cold cuts was "good" but the fries weren't crisy. It was such a creepy place though, that we took our food as carry out and got out of there. If there was a restaurant attached, it wasn't opened.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is a very busy sports bar - loads of tvs showing a huge variety of sports. Cheap beer.

We had a couple of beers in the bar but unusually for Avon / Beaver, we didn't find it a particularly friendly place even though it was full of regulars.

Waited 10 minutes for a table in the almost empty restaurant before giving up and going elsewhere - again, not the usual experience for Avon / Beaver.

We probably got it on a bad night but didn't feel inclined to go back when we'd had so many great visits to other places.