“Shockingly awful and owner didn't care.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vin 48

Vin 48
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin 48 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Free Avon restaurant shuttle from Beaver Creek, call (970) 949-1938 for details.
Description: Open table 2011, diners choice most notable wine list, top 50
houston
“Shockingly awful and owner didn't care.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

We returned to Vin48 because we liked it so much last year during the holidays. Three in our party ordered the chicken entree, which came with burned potatoes that were inedible. One of the three received burned chicken too. I ordered the duck, "sous vide", which came raw, which was recooked and returned to me raw again. When we complained, the owner asked "what can I do to make this right"? Well, we wanted out and just asked for the check. Amazingly, it was presented and not even one of the burned meals was removed from the check. This kind of greed is amazing and I was thouroughly disappointed.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Phoenix, Arizona
“Need to update wine list”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

We went there because our concierge highly recommended but maybe we were expecting too much??? The menu looks great although the food was okay... it sounds better on the menu... they didn't have the first bottle of wine that we ordered which is understandable but then we ordered the second and the third??? wow There were not cheap bottle either finally they did have the forth bottle than we ordered :) Our server forgot our side of spinach I was in a crazy mood for greens but after the whole thing with the wine... we didnt bother to ask... I might recommend this restaurant just to hung out by the bar (maybe)

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent Evening -- Great Food and Wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

Going during "restaurant month" in the lowest of the low season was great! They have about 40 wines on sale for 48% off list price and we took advantage of it. We started with their snacks--the hummus, olives, and pate' were excellent. We then moved on to main courses of bison, duck, toasted beet and goat cheese salad, etc.

Everything was great--highly recommended! Only complaint was too many kids were there because of the discounts, I guess, and they were NOT well behaved.

Colorado
“Not impressed. Service slow, food uneven.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel and others in the area and it may be the best restaurant in Avon. However, my experience was uneven food and poor service. I ordered Frites and they were cold and crunchy on arrival. I ordered grilled vegetables and they were perfect. The server we had barely stopped by our table and never ask how the food was. The restaurant was busy and I thought at first that they were short staffed but I had a view of the kitchen and there seemed to be plenty of servers for the size of the restaurant. The other food that was ordered was average. I had heard that even though their pastry chef was no longer with them that they still used her creations so I did want to try a dessert. We flagged our wait person down and ask for a dessert menu. After about 10 minutes he came back and ask if we still wanted to see a dessert menu and we said no, everything is taking too long, just bring us the check. He just shrugged his shoulders and bought the check pretty quickly. The bar scene seemed to be fun and lively but we were there for dinner.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, IN
“Great Food and Wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

We at here during a short stay at the Westin in Beaver Creek. We were there in early September, which was great because the local restaurants typically run specials. Vin 48 was running a special on an entire page of wine choices, offering them at 48% off. We got a Penner-Ash that was normally $62 for $30. The food was great. I had pork cheeks, while my husband had lamb. Both were very good. We would certainly go again on our next trip.

1 Thank ParisKat