“The Best Ever”

Beaver Creek Nordic Center
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband is a down hill skier, but I am a snow shoer. The Nordic center provides rentals of excellent equipment and there are also tours and classes available. The staff always seems helpful. I really enjoy this facility.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Tuesday 4:30 p.m. complimentary snow shoe activity was fantastic! It was my first introduction to snow shoeing. Loved it so much went back the next day for a guided tour of mcoy park. It was beautiful and insightful. The highlight of our week in avon. The staff at the Nordic center are knowledgeable helpful attentive! A great activity especially if skiing isn't your thing anymore.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

From the Nordic center take the lift up to McCoy Park then you have over 30 km of well groomed trails. It is in the middle of a big ski resort, but on the days I went skiing in McCoy we were one of the few folks. A true wilderness feel.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Just returned from a great weekend visit to Beaver Creek. The resort is wonderful. I enjoyed two great days of snowshoeing. One day I went on the Nature Tour and it was great. John did a wonderful job of ensuring a great time on the tour and was very attentive to the guests. The other day I rented equipment and headed out on my own, which was also great. The McCoy Park up on the mountain is one of the best snowshoe trail systems I have seen. It offers lots of variety and breathtaking views! It is great to be able to get up on the mountain to enjoy the views and atmosphere without being a skier. I would highly recommend a tour or outing! Great experience!

2  Thank JH3970
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Depending on your skill level, you might actually enjoy beaver creek more than vail like I did. Popular among locals since it's far less busy than vail, and the snow gets eaten up less. Vail will have more groomed trails and options in general, though the 2 eastern facing bowls (off left from cinch lift down to rose bowl lift & off grouse lift) high up here are as good or better than anything you'll find at vail. Glade runs are less traveled here and snow is better. Free parking at elk lodge area but not the main village - but if staying in Avon, plenty of free shuttles.

2  Thank Jon1796