“Fresh food, excellent service”
Review of Gondola pizza

Gondola pizza
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Fresh made hand tossed pizzas, burgers, salads, and entrees, centrally located in downtown Avon, CO
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time here and everything was seamless from the beginning of my experience. We're in the process of remodeling our rental unit kitchen and that means no food. For the last few weekends its been take out or fast food. I googled restaurants near me and Gondola popped up. They had a great menu, good prices and they delivered. But I decided on take out so I could check out the place. I mean, I do have a rental place down the road so it's time I see what's around me!
The lady who answered my call was super friendly when I ordered a Canadian bacon and cheese calzone and chicken Caesar wrap (which she said was her personal favorite)-nice touch!
Picked up the food and the lady was still as nice, accommodating and super polite as can be. I was crossing my fingers that the food was as good as the service so I had reason to go back!
I got home and my husband and I dove right in. Excellent and fresh food! Calzone was great and the sauce tasted amazing! I'm originally from the northeast so anytime I can find good Italian food, I'm sold!
The chicken Caesar wrap was fresh. And BIG! Fresh lettuce, tasty chicken, just enough dressing and they even went as far as putting the pickles in a little baggy next to the wrap so it wouldn't get soggy from the pickle juice. It's the little things...
This is our new spot! Next time we'll take a break from our remodel and go sit outside at Gondola to enjoy a beer in their great atmosphere! Oh yeah, Nd compared to what's around them, by far the best prices in town! Best food, best prices, great portions! This place has it figured out!

1  Thank hazzy724

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've lived in the Vail valley for 12 years - This is currently the best pizza here (Russo's in Glenwood Springs is the only other place I go anymore). We've gotten take out & delivery multiple times over the last few months, always with consistently great results. Even their calamari was delivered in surprisingly good shape! Their pizzas as well as their calzones were both very tasty, reheat well, with an above average sauce and crust & fresh toppings in good proportions. We did try some one of their "gypsy" meats on a pizza which I really did not care for, perhaps an acquired taste - they had a very strong flavor and unpleasant stink (and I like strong flavored cheeses and the like...you've been warned!) But their regular sausage, pepperoni, etc is all very good. Counter person and delivery drivers have always been friendly, and delivery/pick up has always been well within the time quoted.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were starved and did not want to clean up and go out, so we ordered after 8pm. The pizzas were delivered within the time quoted and were very good. Lots of veggies on the veggie pizza and the crusts and sauce was good .Menu had lots of choices. Definite would order again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I live in the area and order here at least once a week. The food is always awesome and the service is consistently good....like for years. I love that they also offer gluten-free pizza, which is also delicious. Salads are awesome and the sweet potato fries with the curry aoli are my personal favorite!!!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ordered delivery. Very good sauce. Enjoyed the leftovers for breakfast. A staple dinner choice, every time we are in Beaver Creek.