“Very Good”

Gondola pizza
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Fresh made hand tossed pizzas, burgers, salads, and entrees, centrally located in downtown Avon, CO
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We ordered food from Gondola pizza on our last night in Beaver Creek. We ordered an array of different food. All of it was good and big portions too. I spoke with Sara on the phone when ordering and she was super friendly. She even called back to double check on the drinks. I would most definitely choose this restaurant if around the Beaver Creek area.

2  Thank Chris R

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was the number one place on trip advisor so I thought we would check it out. We went in on a friday night and were the only ones seated at any table. This was fine and our server came over fairly quickly. This is where the experience went downhill. We ordered easily but the server had difficulty taking in what we said. He brought back a glass of wine that was ice cold. After complaining he brought a better one out. Then he brought out 2/3 salads that we ordered (the ones that came with the entrees) and didn't realize that when one of the members said he wanted the dressing on the side he meant the dressing of the salad that came with the dinner not an EXTRA side salad. I'll come back to this later... but 45 minutes later our food came out and all was fine except for my mom asked for extra veggies and no mashed potatoes. They left the potatoes on there, not a huge deal but no attention to detail. As well, my sister got her side salad with her dinner, also not a big deal. Finally, it came time for the check, they had left the EXTRA side salad on and almost couldnt take it off. Honestly the server was the biggest problem, we were the only table and he couldnt take care of us. In fact, I think he was high the entire time (not that i have a problem with being high, just when your serving...) Overall, not a place I would recommend.

1  Thank Esaslow
Eva K, Manager at Gondola pizza, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Esaslow,
thanks for taking time to write a review about your visit in our restaurant. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations (and our goal - to make every customer HAPPY). We take every review seriously! I will personally talk with every server and make sure, this situation will never happen again. Thanks again. Eva K. - Manager

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very tasty, and much better than another pizza place we tried in town the night before. It arrived to our hotel very fast....felt like 20 minutes maybe after we ordered. It was even still piping hot, despite the frigid temperatures outside. Delivery guy was very polite as well.

1  Thank Irisiy17
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Fab pizza delivered to our hotel. Greek salad was delish too! Wait time was a little long, but it was totally worth it!

2  Thank Haley S
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The pizza was good, not fantastic. Pretty solid to serve to kids, but nothing close to interesting. Delivery was great to beaver creek village area. I'd order again, kids liked it.

3  Thank Kingfamoffive