“Wonderful Maple Donut!”

Northside Coffee Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Northside Coffee Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My partner and I went for breakfast and learned very quickly the routine! Order, get your coffees, sit down, and wait for you name to be called, pick up your food and eat! I love it! It makes the turnover in a busy restaurant quicker. The owner even came to our table and asked how everything was. I had biscuits, gravy and eggs...my partner had the breakfast burrito..and we shared a yummy donut. It was perfect! We can't wait to go back for dinner next time we are visiting the Beav.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

If you are skiing at Vail on a blue sky day, and you find the slopes are not to your liking - too crusty, scrapy or rocky, whatever... do you conclude that this skiing experience is no good, or do you celebrate your good fortune to be at Vail enjoying the crisp air and time with friends and family? Depending on your perspective, you might think about the Northside experience in a similar fashion.

I love the Northside and think you should give it a try. Let me start there. Nice morning coffee and donuts and solid wifi. Also, great burgers and fries for dinner if that is what you are after. Breakfast food other than donuts, well,... a work in progress. Dinner on the "fine dining" side... also a work in progress. Jim, the owner, seems like a super person and his staff seems happy - always a good sign.

I recently made the big leap to try dinner for two adults on a holiday week Thursday. Very busy, but we had a reservation and were seated promptly at a nice table. Bread delivered and wine too - relatively quickly. Basket bread was a bit on the stale or just not exciting side - i could not tell which. Entree ordered - a steak with a salad to be shared. Time passes.... 10 minutes. No food. 15 minutes... 20 minutes.... waitress delivers salads and steak at the same time. Dang, I was so hopeful! But OK, it's busy and this is a work in progress. Salad? Meh - kind of dry and i actually think the wrong kind delivered. Steak? since I like a true medium steak, i suggested they butterfly the filet. Sadly, apparently all the time we were waiting for our dinner the steak was on the hot part of the grill b/c it was well done and charred on, you guessed it, the "down side".

On the other hand, it was delivered with a smile and wasn't terrible. We'll give it another try sometime, but this first foray into the "finer side" at the Northside was not the success we were hoping for. Blue sky for sure, but conditions on the ground a bit rough. Another note about the environment... the space is nice and warm and welcoming. But... I don't understand how fine dining and TV's go together. Seems to me that the number of TV screens fits in a sports bar and not a fine dining spot.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal, easy to get a table and parking! We really enjoyed our dinner. The prime rib was great. My husband enjoyed watching a foodball game on the tvs too. Kids loved it. Friendly waitstaff too.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We almost didn't go in after parking, but when we walked in and saw the delightful little dining room, as opposed to what looked like a take-out/burger joint on the opposite side, we stayed. The shrimp scampi had a wonderful sauce on the noodles, and my husband really enjoyed his prime rib. Good attentive service and a nice ending to our stay in Beaver Creek!

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

It has always been a problem getting a great breakfast at a reasonable price in the Vail Valley. While now there is a solution. And now that they have expanded and modernize it's even better.

1  Thank D F