“Thank you, but no, thank you, Northside”

Northside Coffee Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Northside Coffee Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Going to brunch at Northside was very disappointing.
I haven't been since the renovation, being that I've always gone elsewhere for breakfast/brunch because of past experiences with long waits and crowds. Not much has changed as I had experienced today.
Over thirty dollars for two people to have brunch is a bit much when:
1) you wait to order with the cashier even when it's sit-down, not order out (mind you it is just as much as a wait as it was pre-renovation).
2) you have to go and get your food, silverware, water, etc and they encourage you to clean up after you eat - I'd rather stay at home to do that.
3) the food is cold when you pick it up as soon as they call your name - more specifically on the food besides being cold was not worth the price: I have never had eggs benedict with slices of wheat toast which were horribly soggy underneath too much ham and tiny overcooked eggs;
4) you try to enjoy your meal but they have so many people yelling names, running behind the bar and at least three televisions on it kills the atmosphere (one particular "barista", I use that title loosely, thought it best to put on American football than to properly serve drink orders - watching him having difficulties with the pour-over coffee filters, makes you wonder if the person receiving that drink likes that crunchy bottom layer of grinds - thank God another barista made mine). Why are there TV's playing the sports channel? Last time I checked I was having brunch at a "coffee kitchen" not a sports bar.. I can go to Bobs if I want that..

The service, picking your food up and cleaning up after yourself, I understand, but do not charge the same price for disappointing food and lack of service. I know places in Beaver Creek and another two restaurants in Edwards, where I pay the same price, even less, for better food and have waiter service. To give some credit.. I believe their pour-over coffee when done by the female baristas is the best coffee in the valley, but with all the prior disappointments, it's not worth it to spend the time and money just on a cup of coffee which takes a while to receive because the "barista dude" is slowing everyone down by watching American gridiron.

Thank you, but no, thank you, Northside Coffee and Kitchen.

1  Thank VailValleyReview

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped for a Sunday lunch at Northside and could hardly find a table. We sat on the side where Benderz Burgers has a counter. I ordered there and got a great burger with a ton of fries at a very low price. Loved it. My husband and son ordered at the Northside counter and we waited, and waited, and waited for their food. I was done eating by the time my husband gave up waiting to pick up the food and came to sit at the table. A manager came by with a few plates of food and asked if they were ours and we said no, but we let him know that we had waited over 20 minutes for a Belgian waffle and a roast beef sandwich so if he saw those items to let us know as we had given up standing around the pickup counter. About five minutes later he did bring the food out to us, then he also brought us four gooey donuts as a consolation gesture. Next time we all order at Benderz!

1  Thank Libby_travels_alot
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We had the Benderz Burgerz and they were delicious. Don't look for atmosphere, just good, down-home burgers.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We ordered from Benderz Burgerz. The food was good but the service awful.

We ordered take out. We got dine in. We ordered 2 small cheese burgers and got 2 chicken fingers. They corrected the order but once we got home we discovered one cheeseburger lacked cheese.

Perhaps if the guy serving us had paid more attention to us and less to the tv the order would've been right the first time.

2  Thank Traversekid
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The ginger guy working the register is terrible. He has the worst attitude and you can tell he hates his job and people. while eating this horrible food i witnessed him roll his eyes at several different customers. Hire someone new. The food is so bad. DONT order scrambled eggs, they are nasty! The waffle is microwaved. Biscuits and gravy are burnt. All around everything is so bad! I would not recommend this place to anyone.

3  Thank Milf777