“Not!”

Northside Coffee Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Northside Coffee Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stopped by for dinner on the glowing recommendation of the hotel's concierge...I won't trust any more of her recommendations. As previously noted, the seating leaves a lot to be desired, community table with very hard metal seats and setups for 16 people...way too close for comfort and it was very uncomfortable, barely enough room for our two plates, plus water and a beer. Felt very cramped. The food left a lot to be desired too. The wife's chipotle-lemon roasted 1/2 chicken came out on the raw side, pink juices accumulating on the plate. Sent it back and even when it came back out, there was still some pink which, according to the waitress, the chef said it was just tendon???? My wife chose to only eat the polenta and veggies. The waitress did remove the item from our bill. My medium rare rib eye was more on the medium side. The creamy garlic and horseradish mashed potatoes were more runny than creamy and the fresh veggie saute (yellow squash and zucchini) were slightly over seasoned, though sauteed perfectly.

They may have great coffee and donuts, but at this point I don't believe that this is a restaurant worth visiting for dinner and it won't be on our "must go back to" list.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Went a few times for their 2 for 1 dinner specials (which has ended) and the food was awesome. Atmosphere is casual but not a problem for us! Also been going there for their breakfast and haven't been disappointed. Delicious coffee!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

whomever fixes the coffee-it always taste great!The deserts are over the top!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Before heading back to the airport, wanted to enjoy lunch with the family. We stopped in here. A little noisy as it is a small place, and if you read other reviews you already know about the picnic table style dining in the center, with bar sections along the wall and bar. You order at register, give name, claim food at counter and you are supposed to clear your plate in the back corner. (think panera bread set-up)

Arrived for lunch around 1pm on July 4th - they were open!

GOOD:
Sister had a good iced mocha and breakfast sandwich (although they had run out of the special bread!!) I had a really good roast beef sandwich. It had a good horseradish spread and yummy muenster cheese - plenty of beef too. (again, out of the bread it was supposed to be served on, but wheat was good.) Grilled cheese and 1/2 lb turkey looked good too!

TO BE IMPROVED:
They need to get the flow down. The other 2 in my party had their names called to go to the counter and claim their dish. My name was never called, I had to walk up and say "is this the roast beef for kathy?" They looked at me like why was I asking - they should have called my name.

Not sure people want to pay $20 for a nice dinner special and have that type of dining.

I would not hesitate to go here on a non-holiday morning for breakfast (since apparently they run out of bread) and lunch was good too. I'd probably get roast beef again, it was that good.

Not a huge menu, but certainly a great add to restaurants in the area.

OH....can't forget, I had a "smores donut" for desert and it was REALLY GOOD. The donut was a great consistency and flavor and the chocolate glaze was so yummy.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Maybe they do not have it together yet, But it is not the best, I do not think they have a chef but only grill cooks? any one you can hire of the streets and so for this reason it is not always the same. pastries are good!