“Third hotel on a seven day trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek

Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Avon
Anadarko, Oklahoma, United States
“Third hotel on a seven day trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Traveling with a large group, this hotel was the last overnight stop on the last leg of our 7 day trip. The room was large, very clean and tidy. The air-conditioning unit worked fine. The bed was nice and firm. There was a lit vanity area separate from the sink area. The breakfast consisted of a waffle station, coffee, juice, milk, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, cold cereal options (including a granola), instant oatmeal, hot chocolate, and fresh fruit. On the downside, the remote control for the television needed new batteries, but it wasn't a problem to change the channels on the television as I was just looking for current weather updates. I did have a small problem finding the hotel when I arrived in Avon, but eventually found it next to the US Post Office. The carpet in the hallway did smell a bit sour. I'm not positive the door to the parking lot on the west side of the complex had a lock on it, even though there was a sign stating it was locked from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. All in all, it was an adequate place to stay in an expensive stretch of road. We enjoyed our rest that night, the breakfast in the morning and were on our way.

Room Tip: Hotel is just off of the first "round about" south of the interstate. It is next to the po...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Emily R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback!! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!! Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm very pleased with the super-clean room! On that point alone, I'd stay here again. The hallways in the hotel could certainly use an update (looking a bit rundown), but overall this stay was well worth the Hotwire price I paid, especially considering this is the Vail Valley! Make-your-own waffles was a bonus for breakfast, and I'm happy dogs are welcome. A hallway remodel (new carpet!) would make this a five-star review from me. Overall, I'm satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Emily R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback!! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!! See you again soon!
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

A fantastic pool area, and a spacious, clean room. A little gem in the Vail area for families. I think they could spice up the breakfast; it is very plain. Perhaps some donuts and some fresher bread? Overall, I would recommend it. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I wish I had read the reviews for this hotel BEFORE booking a room! I have never before had a below excellent experience with Comfort Inn, but this place is terrible. The staff were very unfriendly almost to the point of rude, and never even returned a smile. The entire hotel is old and shabby, to put it kindly. Our room was tiny, which I suppose is what you might expect for a mountain "resort", but squeezing a family of five into that small space felt like we may as well have been camping.
Let's start with the bathroom: The shower floor enamel was all scratched and chipped away, so much so that my youngest daughter didn't want to get in, because it was "dirty". The shower head looked like it had never been washed, and it made an awful racket when in use. The shower curtain was useless and the entire bathroom was soaked after a shower. The sink faucet leaked, so my toiletries left overnight on the counter were soaked in the morning.
The pool and alleged hot tub:
The finish of the pool is in incredible disrepair; all the tile is broken or missing. There are no lights poolside. The first of two nights we stayed, the "heated" pool was warmer than the hot tub! Maintenance had the tub heated by night 2, but it was still a disappointment. Again the finish was so scratchy it tore up my bathing suit bottoms.
Breakfast:
Not bad, but as another commenter put it, nothing special. The staff neglected to replace items as they were emptied, and were quite gruff when asked to do so.
And now, the piece de resitance:
Our first night there, upon pulling back the covers of the freshly made bed, I find a small spot of chocolate. Chocolate. That I could scrape off with my fingernail. Meaning, THE SHEETS WERE NOT WASHED FROM THE PREVIOUS CUSTOMER!!!!! We should have checked out immediately and demanded a refund, but with three small and exhausted children, and it being midnight, we chose to ignore it. I spoke to the manager in the morning requesting new bed linens and he was quite rude. The beds were old and terribly uncomfortable to boot. I am SO dissapointed in this Comfort Inn and will NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this dump!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Ella H
Rockford, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

old, worn, dirty pretty much sums up the place. although reasonably close to stores and shops it needs serious renovation. first and last time for me. then new to vail area accomadations were looking for economical, found all of that but got little value for money spent.

Room Tip: don't know how; interstate to the north, main street in front. perhaps west side is quietest?
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank robert w
Springfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel was well worth the money. The accommodations were great, the personnel very friendly and helpful, and the location was perfect. The beds were very comfortable. Vail is a beautiful resort area and has good restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Emily R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!! See you again soon!
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We didn't actually stay here, so I can't in good faith give this place a one. However, I'm sure that I would have if we didn't immediately check out after seeing the facility. Shabby, dirty, and worn out are terms that are too nice to describe this place.

We checked in without incident, and then walked through the facility while proceeding to our room. Without highlighting every little detail, let me just say that this is the most worn, tired, and shabby Comfort Inn I have ever seen. I am actually a member of their hotel group, and I am very disappointed that they would allow a facility to fall into such disrepair. Yes, the price is good for the area - but so is sleeping in your car - which might be better.

The room and facility were absolutely unacceptable. We immediately checked out with no problems from the staff and headed about an hour west to Glenwood Springs, a great little town where they have an abundance of nice hotels. Stay away from this Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: Stay away! Pay more for a better room somewhere else! You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheCosmicTraveler
We're so surprised and disappointed to hear that your initial impression of our hotel was less than satisfactory. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable and feel welcome. We are sorry we did not make you feel that way. Please give us a chance to show you our usual excellent level of service. Please contact us when you find yourself returning to our area and we will take care of you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Christie Lodge
Evergreen Lodge
Evergreen Lodge
#23 of 31 in Vail
The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort

Been to Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek? Share your experiences!