“Neighborhood gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

It was disconcerting to read some of the negative reviews. This is a GREAT restaurant . The service was impeccable and the food wonderful. We had a very attentive server and the father/son owners were very hands on and just delightful. The restaurant was packed but you would not have known it given the excellent service. My granddaughter has celiac disease and they made her gluten free pasta which she said was the best she ever had. I had the fungi pizza with a thin crispy crust which was delicious. My daughter had the grilled salmon which she said was excellent . The tiramisu and Pana cotta were a wonderful end to a great meal. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank luv2travelwichita18

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The pasta portions are a bit small and we would have liked the pasta to be a bit more firm. The Chicken Parm was very tasty and you could cut it with a fork. When we arrived we didn't have a reservation so we sat at the bar, however every seat in the small place quickly filled up including the bar area and they had to turn away walk ins so if you are looking for a reasonable meal, you will want to make a reservation for dinner.

I went the following day for lunch and sat out on the patio (patio was closed when we went for dinner due to rain) to try their pizza I saw someone having before I wrote this review so I could be as thorough as possible. The pizza to be honest looked much better than it tasted but was still good. It wasn't Italy......just a bit doughy and odd tasting at the crust end but it was still pretty good and by far much better than any chain restaurant....just not exactly what I expected.

All and all I would go back for comfort food and just a quick bite. It wasn't the worst Italian I've had but it was not the best either.....it was just that....comfort food.

One thing I will say we definitely did NOT like was the fact the bartender (and assuming the owner) seems to like to gossip like a teenage girl about others in the valley and tell all their secrets and to be honest, I don't think that is quite professional or appropriate. We truly don't care to hear him talking to others non stop that are from the area sitting at the bar about others and their problems. Was a bit uncomfortable to sit through an entire meal and listen to NON STOP!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Food was decent. Plenty of other Italian places that are better. We ordered two pizzas along with other stuff. At the beginning we asked for bread, the guy had told us that all the bread was taken with a to go order and they were making new bread. We then asked another guy for bread a few seconds later and he brought us a big plate of bread that was NOT HOT but cold. When the entrees arrived, the other food and one pizza came at the same time. However, we were still waiting for one pizza. We were way past done with our food and the pizza had yet to arrive. We had asked the guy what had been going on and he told us that the pizza oven was too small. Ten minutes later we looked over at the guy who then freaked out and ran to the computer to punch something in (assuming it was the pizza we ordered 45 minutes ago). He came back over to tell us that our pizza got stuck behind other orders. Another lie. We were still waiting so we asked again and he said our pizza got too crispy and they had to make a new one. Yet another lie. It finally came out but we didn't get any discount. Would not recommend.

3  Thank Anonymous P
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We went to this placed while staying at the Westin. It is just a few blocks away, so you can walk there. The service was very good and the pizza was great.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

#1 in Avon? Joke. This brings serious credibility to TripAdvisor's rating believability. The service was TERRIBLE. I serious doubt if I have ever tipped a server less than 10% in my life. Keep in mind, the place was 80% empty. The bread/olive oil "appetizer" was brought to us HALF WAY THROUGH our entree ("we were warming it in the oven"). I poured EVERY glass of wine from our bottle for my wife and I because we NEVER had our server come by to see how we were doing or think to do it. She stated she would provide me the name of another pizza joint that served larger pizza sizes which I was looking for related to another occasion, but she never did. When it came time to leave with some of the wine still remaining in our bottle, she had to go dig up a cork since she discarded ours at the onset. The only thing that kept my rating of this place higher than 2 (or even one star), was my food. My veal parmegion was excellent, coming from the ala cart way you choose your sauces, pastas, and meats. My wife's stuffed chicken was dry (how can a chicken stuffed with garlic parmesan potato puree be dry???). There have got to be scores of restaurants in the Avon/Vail/Beaver Creek area better than this. Smart to avoid it.

2  Thank ericksos1