“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This place is just a short walk from both the Sheraton and Westin and was recommended to us. We were not disappointed. We had a great pizza which was covered in fresh ingredients and tasted so much better than pizzas from the chains. The ambience is nothing special but it is cosy and friendly. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Indigent manager \ owner was more interested in telling us why the undercooked food wouldn’t make us ill than making sure we were satisfied with the meal we had.

I have never had such a poor service experience! The manager\owner felt we should pay for an improperly cooked meal.

Stay away!

3  Thank Mark L
Reviewed December 19, 2011

While staying at Beaver Creek came here for a less expensive tab. This is not the place for a romantic dinner by any means. Stick to the pizza and the salads. We were disappointed with the melted cheese appetizer and the bolognese penne. The owner, however, is charming and graciously chatted with us.

1  Thank ibejar
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We were staying at the comfort in in Avon and decided we could not be bothered with taking the car out to go for our evening meal, ticinos is a few minutes walk from the hotel. From the entrance throughout the small shopping mall the place did not look much but fortunately we went in anyway. Once inside, it is very cozy, the staff is extremly friendly ( father and son). We like to try different places to eat when we are on vacation and very rarely eat Italian as my mum is Italian ( and nothing is as good as my mums cooking). We ended up eating here 3 times in the week. Everyone in the restaurant was raving about the food. We tried to sample different things each time we went. The gorgonzola pizza is wonderful, the gnocchi is second best to my mums, I always find it to be too soft, but this had a bit of bite to it. The marinara and rosa sauces were excellent, and the meatballs, again, second best to my mums. We had a bottle of the house red wine ( California cab, I
think it was called something like north coast), which was an unpretentious, very drinkable wine. Can highly recommend this place.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Ticino is a small little restaurant. Family run. We're basically pizza snobs, so I was dubious when we found this place online. The pizzas are about 12 inches and can be easily split between two people. Our group ordered four pizzas for four people..... Good thing we have a fridge at the Westin Villas!! The pizza crust is crispy, the sauce has great flavor, the toppings are good. I had the carne and all the meats were flavorful. We also had a margharita which was also good.