In Winter it seems you'd want to be up in Beaver Creek for the skiing, but in summer this is a great choice. We're staying in the villa's and can literally walk out of our door and fish in the Eagle River. Our first day we saw a fishing tour being taken there, so it certainly rates.
Several mountain bike rental shops around. We chose Venture Sports with good prices, bikes and a willingness to negotiate (if, for instance, you're renting multiple days during your stay).
Maya restaurant in the Westin is top rated - we enjoyed it but service was surprisingly slow. At one point in the evening everyone around us was sitting impatiently waiting for their food. Slow dining Mexican? I think not.
Hiking - many options. A short nice loop from Beaver Creek takes you through the "Aspen Glade" trail which is extraordinary. Highly recommended. Easy to spend a good part of the day in Beaver Creek. A beautiful spot with creek running through, trail, bridges, outdoor dining and much more.
Gym/pool/hot tubs - I was quite impressed by the gym. Fantastic facility, spinning classes, yoga and everything you'd hope for. i worked out most days but didn't have time for any classes, though I wanted to try spinning/pilates. Not sure if there's an extra charge if you're a hotel guest as opposed to gym member. The pool was nice for an evening dip, but we would have enjoyed the hot tubs if they were hotter - more like luke warm tubs :-)
Overall a great visit and I'm sure I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Beaver Creek Hotel and Resort is located near Avon offering convenient access to Beaver Creek Mountain Ski Resort and the Vail Valley. Our villa resort offers spacious studio or one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates as many as eight adults in up to 1,330 square feet. Each stylish villa features private balconies or patios in front of gas fireplaces, fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, separate living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas Hotel Avon
- The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas Avon, CO - Beaver Creek