“Simply AWFUL”

Denver, Colorado
“Simply AWFUL”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Where to start?

CONS: The elevator was broken, which would not ordinarily have been a big deal had the staff been even REMOTELY customer-focused. Instead, I waited for nearly 30 minutes for someone to come to the front desk , so I could inform them of the fact that the elevator was broken and ask them to keep a portion of our luggage secure there , while I lugged the rest up 5 flights of stairs.

This was AFTER we had waited 15 minutes at the front desk for someone to show up to check us in...At 4pm. It wasn't like we arrived in the middle-of-the-night.

This was a recurring theme, as you have to "ring" the front desk from the parking garage to enter. SHOCKER.....when we rang the front desk from our car, there was no answer for 15+ minutes, so we sat there idling our car before finally giving up and parking on the street.

There were NO apologies offered for the maintenance issue and the front desk didn't offer to bring our things up to our room when the elevator's service was restored.

PROS: The place is clean. It's dated as hell, but it's clean and reasonably priced, had the service been even remotely acceptable.

Clean and cheap can't even begin to compensate for the absolutely awful service, though. Stay away. Stay FAR away.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian M

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Room 418 2bd/2bath. We brought friends who had not been to Avon and we were excited to share it with them. This was our 3rd trip in the past 6 or 7 years, exchanging our timeshare week in Sedona. We have always been very happy with our accommodations. Not this time. The room was dismal, depressing. Outdated is one thing, but uncomfortable and broken furniture, lamps, even broken bathroom fixtures is another. The beauty of Avon, Beaver Creek and the surrounding area, the bike paths, hiking trails, hot springs and good restaurants, plus the excellent company of our uncomplaining friends saved the vacation. Will we go to Avon again? I hope so. Will we ever stay at the Seasons? Not even if it were free.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Ugh is all I can say about our condo. There was absolutely NOTHING that I liked about the place. I'm posting this now while I have it up on my computer. I have been meaning to do this for 2 months now. But I have to type up a list of all the things that were WRONG with this place. So I will type them up them post them ASAP. Bear with me...

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Raleigh
Reviewed April 13, 2008

The Seasons was pretty nice for the money my husband and I paid. We got a 2BR/2BA condo for a week (Rm 418). It was clean and comfortable but the furniture and decor was very dated...it was like someone shopped at the Salvation Army for furnishings. The condos are individually owned so the rooms vary from very nice to just okay. If you're looking for upscale, this is not the place. But if you just want a place to lay your head after a long day of skiing or sightseeing, this will do just fine.

• Liked — Lots of space for the price, like staying at a friend's apartment while they're away.
  • Disliked — VERY outdated, minimal style.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NPCollector
Sacramento CA
Reviewed September 1, 2007

My husband and I were visiting family in nearby Gypsum, CO. I am a double amputee and use a wheelchair and my husband is legally blind.

Although the facility was 30 miles from them, it was the only one we got a really great deal on, third night free (Orbitz Special, had to be prepaid)! The condo was large and spacious. Clean and in good condition. It was well furnished and decorated. There were cleaning tools, vacuum, mop. A gracious staff, who answered questions and provided information about the amenities of the surrounding area. WIthin walking distance of stores and restaurants.

The only complaint I have and it has nothing to do with the Season's directly, but Orbitz advertised it to be handicapped accessible (in the "special" ad they had). This is not true, as these are privately owned condos that are being managed by a property management company for the owner's off season.

I was able to get into the bathroom (no room to turn, straight in and then back out), but the bathtub was a big challenge as it had shower doors. We drove to Colorado, so I did have my shower chair. All doorways were more than wide enough, The kitchen was small, but I have a REALLY small corridor kitchen at home, so it was manageable for me.

There is NO maid service, you take out your own trash, fortunately for us the bin was right across the corridor from our condo. Ample towels and dishes, utensils, etc. It's like being in your own apartment/condo. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again, as opposed to a hotel.

• Liked — The spaciousness of the condo
  • Disliked — No A/C, but they provided fans.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank AccessibilityTest
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2007

The Seasons was great from my point of view. The condo was clean (excepting some food left in the fridge), we had our own washer/dryer and you cannot beat the location...basically right outside Beaver Creek resort. Plus we were in walking distance to a few great restaurants/bars. Just be prepared that some rooms are extremely dated. Our room was straight out of the late 70s, which was fine for us, but some people may be turned off. It just felt extremely dated, like we were staying at our grandmother's old apartment or something like that. But if you are looking for a clean, affordable condo really close to the skiing, than the Seasons will be great. Plus, their staff were extremely friendly and accommodating.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — datedness
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank twinsplusone
Denver
Reviewed December 4, 2006

Hotel located pretty much at the base of Beaver Creek mountain. Bus stop to Beaver creek was a 3 to 5 min. walk. Drive to B.C. parking lot 5 mins. Vail is about 15 to 20 mins. drive.
The room was HUGE Living room kitchen area and bedroom were all nice and clean. Nice view of B.C. mountain. Free garaged parking was also a plus. The hotel staff was also great and helpful.
I would stay at his hotel again without hesitation.

Stayed November 2006
6 Thank solok77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Christie Lodge
Beaver Creek Lodge
Beaver Creek Lodge
#4 of 18 in Beaver Creek
Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley

Been to Seasons at Avon? Share your experiences!