Just returned from 2nd (and last) trip to Westin Riverfront as SPG Gold member. Booked room 10 months in advance and requested high floor but was denied ability ( at time of booking) of utilizing Starwood Points. Was contacted by concierge 3 days prior to arrival (nice touch) for any special requests at which time we asked only for humidifiers in both bedrooms to combat extreme dryness of rooms. At check in (11pm) was provided with 3rd (low) floor, no humidifiers (which negated nice touch of concierge contact pre arrival) and a view of the side of the hotel from our "mountain view" suite. Spoke with manager who attempted to placate me with insulting offer of free valet parking. Did I mention insulting offer of $20.00 per night for hotel's failure to provide high floor or true mountain view on Very expensive two bedroom suite?
The hotel staff is friendly, nice for kids and great for pets. Very nice ski location except if you need to go directly to ski school which is located in Beaver Creek accessible by very crowded shuttle bus, both coming and going. Intermediate and above skiers can utilize the gondola and chair lift to get directly up the mountain - which is really easy - but not near ski school and departure off the mountain needs to by Bachelor Gulch section only of mountain.
Cookies and hot chocolate at 4pm is very popular and really nice touch especially
for kids. Spa is excellent but expensive. The Lift restaurant is actually quite good and room service is actual comical in the daily change in rules, order and delivery times and ability to get orders right despite the nicest waiters who deliver the food. The property is very nice but it's not a true hotel as the units are all owned by individuals and run by a management company. Wi-fi and dryness within the rooms are brutal...called the front desk three times about horrible wifi but never received a response. In house restaurant Maya is attractive, expensive with very uneven food and incredibly long wait for food despite nice servers who spent majority of time apologizing. We had guests and it was actually embarrassing.
Westin has its virtues and it's drawbacks and it definitely is not a true Starwood resort with little to no accommodation to SPG members. Very disappointed in room given 10 months in advance reservation. Overall, what they lack or do badly, they do apologize frequently and very nicely, which is nice but would be better if they just did a better job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Vacatia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek