Overall, this is a nice place for a fair price but we do not plan to return.
I used the SPG iPhone App and noticed that we were upgraded one room category to a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen, washer dyer and mountain view before we even arrived. That was great and very much appreciated.
We booked the ski package that was a great value because it included lift tickets and ski rentals at a major discount
Very far from Beaver Creek Village- you must take a 30-45 minute over-crowded shuttle that stops at numerous parking lots and other downtown locations or spend over 1 hour taking multiple ski lifts and trails. The Gondola does not go to any skiing trails but rather goes to Beaver Creek Landing where you take another lift to the slopes of Bachelor Gulch or take a very crowded bus on a long ride to the Village. This was AWFUL and I would never would have picked this resort if I had known this was such a major hassle. The hotel website is misleading on this important point so be warned if you think the Gondola offers any convenience.
Front desk staff were uninformed about various room configurations and unwilling to help upgrade our room (I was willing to pay more to upgrade to a deluxe 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom or use points) claiming the hotel was sold out when the web site showed all room categories were available. I pulled up the Westin website to show the front desk associate the room I wanted was available for all 4 nights and she said her computer did not show that as being available. I then showed her other rooms that were available on the SPG Ap and she said I could cancel my reservation and rebook another room at full price. I never had that response before so said forget it. I am not sure how you can work at the front desk of a hotel and not know about various room choices and why you would not be willing to help someone pay more to upgrade. Frankly, she was more concerned with what time I was checking OUT (5 days later! Not something I was thinking about when first arriving) and why I was not taking the insulting offer of $5 to forgo housekeeping to help them be more environmentally friendly.
The concierge gave me misleading information about where I could purchase lift tickets. She said I needed to take the bus all the way to the Village but I figured out I could take the Gondola to Beaver Creek Landing and save myself an hour of travel time. I would think a concierge should know this.
No boot warmers at the Ski Valet even though this is promoted on their website. I put on cold and damp boots each morning and asked the ski valet why they were not dry and he said he had no idea because they are on racks with *cold* air but they do not own any boot warmers and had no idea what I was talking about. If you go to the website now it says they have boot warmers. Hmm?
Very slowwwww internet- unusable most of the time
Teen club 7160 is no longer in existence despite being advertised on the Web site and the hotel flyer I was given at check in. This is one reason I picked this resort since I have 2 teenagers so this was big disappointment. Note to Westin- if you cancel programs, please upgrade your marketing materials.
The pull out sofa bed was terrible- the thin mattress and hard bar in the center made it too painful to use. By contrast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, Vail Valley , CO was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, Vail Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, Vail Valley CO - Beaver Creek