I'm a recent SPG Platinum and booked a 5 night award stay on points (5th night free). I called a few days before asking about possible upgrades and they said I could confirm an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite for $100/night. Given we knew we'd be paying $25/night for valet parking and $20/night for resort fees, we didn't want to pay more for our "free" award stay.
So we took our chances and the morning of check in, my SPG app showed a 1 bedroom suite with a mountain view. Aside from the extra space, we had a full kitchen (stocked with every cooking pot and utensil you can imagine) as well as a washer/dryer in the room.
Note: there was a connecting door to a second room, so I think my 1 bedroom suite would be same livingroom/kitchen as the 2 Bedroom suite.
You can read from the other reviews about the hotel rooms and resort amenities. Some suggestions for families:
- Summer rates are very attractive ($159/night for traditional rooms using the AAA rate), but I hear that November (before Thxgvg) is the low season so probably better rates then too.
- The Safeway on I-70 between Vail and Avon is a bit cheaper than the City Market in the Avon Village area. Sign up for the Safeway membership card and save some $ on groceries.
- Self parking is $15 if you're a Villas (timeshare) member. They say that it's "like $50/night" if you self park w/o being a member, but I didn't test that out.
- The on site market has most things you'd want (think 7-11) but they're priced at a premium as you'd expect.
- Westin Green Choice is 1000 SPG points / night if you reserve this at check in, but only 500 if you decide the night before.
- Housekeeping does a decent job, but they have so many rooms to clean that I'm sure most homemakers will find a lot of room for improvement. My homemaker did!
- There's a ton of families with kids so it's very accommodating for families, including a Westin Kids Club (but your child needs to be 5 years old to attend).
- Saturday-Thursday: 9AM-5PM
- Friday-Saturday: 9AM-5PM and 6PM-9PM
- 24 Hour Reservations Required
Prices (per child)
- $95 for All Day (4-8 hours)
- $55 for 3 Hour Sessions
- $24 per Hour
- $10 for Picnic Style Lunch
Also, I'll tell you about the SPG Villas Sales Presentation. For 90 minutes of my time, they offered 11,000 SPG points or $175 Amex Gift Card. Since I know how to optimize the SPG points, I took the points. However, I needed to attend the presentation with my wife for the points.
The sales pitch was very low pressure and actually very interesting. In terms of programs, the Starwood Villas is much more interesting than the others I've attended. Instead of getting "a room for 1 week somewhere," you instead get StarOption (points) that you can use as currency for any of their 19 properties with costs varying based on time of year (high/low season) and room size (studio, 1 BR, 2 BR). That being said, the Starwood Villas program not as broad in terms of # of properties around the world. If you wanted, you could convert your StarOptions to regular SPG points, but after doing the math, I didn't want to prepay $15-50k for a perpetual stream of SPG points. I can earn them for free by staying at Starwood or spending on my SPG Amex.
My 11k points haven't posted yet (it's been about a week), but I'm sure they will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek