“Spa Anjali”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Gypsum, Colorado
“Spa Anjali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Did not stay at the Westin on this trip, just took advantage of their spa services. Let's just say that this place is nothing short of amazing. The woman at the front desk of the spa (Natalie) was as sweet as can be. She made every attempt to make me feel welcome and comfortable. Had a massage (with Will) that was DIVINE. Best massage EVER. I don't think I'll be able to get a massage at any other place locally, because I HAVE to go back to Will. Had a facial (I'm sorry, I don't remember her name) which was splendid as well. She was kind, and very informative. Finally, had a pedi with Melania (sorry about spelling). She was the sweetest. Chatty and friendly. Took her time and made me feel relaxed and pampered. Boy oh boy I can not wait to go back. Find these people, and book them. They are amazing!!! Yes, you may be mildly blown away by the prices at first, but trust me, the services are worth every penny!!! Heck, I'd pay more!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We came for our 25th anniversary. The first room did not seem to have the upgraded view we had paid to have. The bell boy heard my comment and immediately recommended we check with front desk for a better view. He took care of it then and there, and we got a great view. When concierge found out it was our 25th wedding anniversary, they sent up a box of delicious chocolates for us. No one complained about anything we requested, There were not nasty attitudes, but cheerful smiles.

Best of all it was the only hotel that had A/C. We tried another nice hotel and the rooms were very uncomfortable w/o AC in August. Their salt pools were a nice change from chlorine overload. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: ask if your room is directly facing the gondola, if it is called a room with a mountain view and you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

For those of you who believe that "membership has its privileges", please reconsider before you book with the Beaver Creek Westin. In the weeks leading up to our stay, my wife was assured by the staff we would have a balcony, a room with a mountain view, and a suite upgrade. Upon arrival, we instead were shown to a closet-like room, with a window opening exactly 2 inches, and a breathtaking view of the parking lot and valet service.

The guest services manager seemed overwhelmed by the task of satisfying his platinum status members. He used the language of "we value you" but his deeds--the inability to do much to resolve--were much louder. Switching the room to one with a view of the Burger King and a balcony with no room for a chair, much less a person, was not much of an improvement. Faint hearted offers of "please call with other questions" felt more like "good luck--you're on your own".

In addition: the initial call to the front desk took 50 minutes for resolution, with another 35 minutes to get our bags. And repeated calls to the concierge desk went unanswered. Basic operations

Finally, add to that Starwood's inability to have enough bandwidth for the televisions to work. How satisfying is it to watch the finals of women's gymnastics Olympics in 30 second increments between 1 minute "no signal" blank screens? Not really.

There is nothing worse than overpromising and underdelivering and that is exactly what this resort is doing. SPG is generally a great program but think twice (if not three times) before you burn points in Beaver Creek.

Room Tip: Interior courtroom overlooking the pool
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fromCSCO
kdpryor, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, fromCSCO. We apologize we had no opportunity to upgrade you or any of our platinum guests during your first night. Since your wife's request on July 30th, we have tried to find a way and again apologize that we could not make this happen. We have identified a beautiful room with an over sized balcony for the balance of your stay through Sunday. We continue to reach out to you to offer a room move.

The faulty Television in your current room has been replaced.

Please accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to make this right for you.
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

From the valet who parked our car, to the front desk registration, to the concierge who helped us with reservations, maps, etc, we were treated with friendliness and efficiency. This place is beautiful and has loads of amenities; such as a great restaurant with a wonderful Sunday brunch. I highly recommend this place for families, friends, or just the two of you.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the mountains and the swimming pool are the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Golden, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

As a Starwoods member, I always enjoy staying at Westin resorts, which I consider to be top of the line. I also appreciate that they are pet-friendly, since I often travel with my little West Highland White Terrior.
However, my last experience at the Westin Beaver Creek Resort & Spa was sub-par. Westin touts its "Heavenly" products, which includes the bed, of course, and a double-headed shower. However, the water pressure at the Westin Beaver Creek was so low that I had to turn off the second head to get sufficient water to thoroughly rinse my hair. Since I am a Colorado resident, I am aware of how calcium deposits in our hard water can build up and clog shower heads. It appears the management of the Westin Beaver Creek is unaware of that enduring fact.
Moreover, I was also surprised and disappointed that the recepticle on the pet waste station at the bottom of the stairs leading to the walking path was empty throughout my stay.
Finally, on the day of our departure, we were disturbed several times by the maids, beginning at 9:15 a.m., even though checkout was not until 11 a.m. I felt like we were being rushed out and not allowed to enjoy the duration of the time we booked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wojcikwriter
JABurrell, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your review, wojckikwriter. We have notified our engineering department regarding the water pressure issue you experienced during your stay with. We have also addressed the pet waste station and our departure procedure with housekeeping. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay and look forward to having you back.
Tulsa,Ok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I am an avid tripadvisor user, and this was such a good find! I compared several places and went with the 2 bedroom suite here. The living room, kitchen, dining area were well decorated in a modern style and were a good size as well. We have a 3 and 5 year old and that extra space was needed! The service was the best. I asked about a handicap shower stool for my father and a dvd player for the kids - they sent them up in minutes. I swear they have someone in a room just waiting to answer requests and deliver it to your door. They even sent cute little westin beaver stuffed animals up for the kids moments after arrival as a surprise gift. The kids loved them! This is an all valet hotel and sometimes it took a little wait but the staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were great, just like everything else. My only negative is that I prepaid, only to discover a $20 per day resort fee, and $25 valet charge per day that was added on, which added up for our 5 night stay. They were both mandatory fees. I think that resorts should just be up front about their real pricing, this seems like a sneaky back door way of concealing the true costs. But everyone is doing it, right - so that must make it ok. NOT. But I doubt this policy will change anytime soon. I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: room 400 had great views from 2 sides with 2 balconies
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Used Starwood points at the last minute to book a two night getaway and when I called to see if they accepted dogs, the response was "we love dogs!" This is an understatement. Checking in was easy but frenetic - there appeared to be a couple of weddings planned. But, the valet took our car and our luggage while I hit the front desk. I was able to upgrade to a king mini suite with balcony for $30/night and it took about 10 minutes for final inspection of the room before we could actually move in. No problem and the front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Our "room" was beautiful and functional and typical Westin quality. We had a room with a valley view which I would recommend since the river view rooms overlook the pool and I could see how it could be noisy between the kids and Muzak. A coffee shop and small market in the building provide amenities. Starbucks is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Right out the door is the Eagle River and bike/walking path and there's a large empty lot out the back door for exercising the canines. PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOUR PALS so as not to ruin it for future dog loving visitors. All in all, a dynamite place to which we will return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Sonnenalp
Sonnenalp
#1 of 30 in Vail

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!