“An old favourite”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Been eating here for years. I'm a bit boring with my menu choices here as I generally stick to my favourites. I must admit I preferred the menu before they became more family friendly but grudgingly understand their reasons for the change!
To their credit and my joy, they're still happy to prepare some of my old favourites that have been dropped from the menu. My favourite red, the Juan Gil Jumilla has also gone missing but there's a big enough choice to find something to suit.
The summer bar across the road can be good fun too.

1  Thank 1962Mark

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were tempted to go down the full English breakfast at the place end the corner, but thank goodness we didn't. This place looks pretty awful from outside, but is really quite nice inside. Big round tables on old wine casks, friendly and efficient service. The menu has something for everyone - we have three young kids. The starters were really wonderful - fresh squid was to die for, prawns in garlic and beef carpaccio. Mains - I had perfect fillet steak. Everyone on TA raves about it - and I concur with that view! Others had spaghetti with prawns, chilli and lots of garlic (we must have stank afterwards!). Kids had lasagne and a hot dog. Two rounds of drinks (we had beer), and a bill of €91 for 5 of us. A complete delight and a bargain for the quality.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a wonderful evening here. Service was excellent and the food was good value. The fillet steak was as good as everyone has said it was, and we even got two pieces each. My partner said he would have preferred a little less steak and slightly more veg, but for me it was perfect - I love steak! Will definately be back.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Never disappoints, great service, tapas, steaks and wine. Have been there 8 times and never had a problem.

2  Thank SpainGolfApartment
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Thanks to the previous poster's, visited this restaurant last week, nice food and well priced but they have taken away the pizza oven, so my vegetarian daughter was a little disappointed. Having said that, the rest of the menu offered a good selection and service was quick, so it was worth giving it a try.

1  Thank Barnesy76