“Spectacular diving with spectacular crew!!!”
Review of Down South Scuba - CLOSED

Down South Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI dive centre with a team that is committed to exceptional customer service. We teach all the PADI courses, organise diving excursions around the peninsula and have a fully stocked dive shop. We dive from our boat or off the shore and can take you to see seals, kelp forests, wrecks and much more. We also cater for all levels of diver experience and can tailor a package to suit you.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

no doubt DownSouthScuba is the best crew to dive with if you find your way to Cape Town.. and I can tell you that after diving with them for 3 months. The biggest thank goes to Kyle, Dani and nonetheless to Ryan, Mike, Becca who played great part in accomplishing my Dive Master, hope to see you soon guys!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The whole team at Down South Scuba are second to none. Unlike the intimidation associated with many dive shops - at this ace little establishment, you will feel loved & nurtured and before long, have a mug of coffee in your hand (or tea of course, or maybe even a beer - after the dive though, may I add). Anyone that can put up with the likes of myself; having a resounding fear of being embalming in a tight wet suit and a face full of gear, to then go play in great-white-shark-infested-waters, deserves 5 stars of excellence. One year on, diving is top of my list of 'fun things to do' and never during that time have I felt the need to go diving elsewhere. Rock on guys.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The guys at Down South are great; very helpful, patient and knowledgable. The 2 dives I did with them were fantastic and my brother really enjoyed the discover scuba course he now has an understanding and passion for diving! Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Thanks to the team at Down South Scuba, my American friends and I had a great time. They responded to my emails the quickest, so we went with them. Very friendly, got us all kitted out pretty quickly, and their equipment was in very good condition compared to some other dive companies I've been with in South Africa.

We did 2 dives round the seal island (excellent!), the one friend was snorkeling and thoroughly enjoyed that. We had excellent visibility, and great locations for the other dives. The DM and skipper were a bunch of great fun guys to be around and looked after us well. At the end of the morning they loaded up all our kit (including my own personal stuff) and took it back to the shop to be cleaned up, all we had to do was pick it up later. All in all a great experience, would definitely make use of Down South when next in Cape Town area!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had the chance to dive with Down South Scuba several times, and it has always been a fantastic experience.
During my first stay in Cape Town, I found their dive shop while walking in Muizenberg, and decided to go on a shore dive with them.
My experience with them was so good that I came back one year later during my second stay in South Africa to get my Divemaster certification.

I have been diving for more than 6 years now, and I have seen several dive clubs and shops. Nowhere have I found such a good atmosphere and amazing staff.
The crew is cheerful, and will greet you like your part of the family. Not only that, but they are incredible professionals, who will always put safety first!

If you are looking for a dive club to learn how to dive, Down South Scuba is a dive club that will not only teach you how to dive; they will teach you how to be a good and safe diver!
If you are looking for a dive club to simply take you on good dives, you're also at the right place! They know the best spots, will be able to show you the most interesting stuff (I especially recommend the dives with the cow sharks, and with the seals). I've heard that on top of that, since the last time I went there, they even got their own boat!
Kyle and Dani, the owners, are great people that will take an extraordinary care of you. Ryan, the dive instructor is knowledgeable, fun, an unbelievable teacher, and probably the best dive leader that I had the chance to dive with.

Their gear is up-to-date and of really good quality. The shop itself is welcoming, and you will be able to find good gear at a cheap price.

The dives with them are all really good. As a matter of fact, I can say that of all the dives I've done since I got scuba certified, all the greatest ones, by far, have been with Down South Scuba! You have to experience "playing" with seals, or coming face-to-face with seven gills broad-nose sharks during a dive in a kelp forest. The team there will be able to bring you to the best locations, point out to you the coolest thing underwater. Make sure to talk with them after the dives, they will be more than happy to tell you exactly what you have seen.

If I can, when my kid will be old enough to learn how to dive, I'll travel all the way "down" there so they can take care of him!

Bottom line, great dives, amazing staff, and if you learn with them, you'll become a fantastic diver!