“Excellent - Can't wait to revisit”

Admiralty Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 14 Muizenberg B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent - Can't wait to revisit”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

100% to Admiralty B&B and Mary & Russell. From the moment we set foot in the B&B we were made feel very welcome. The house is beautiful and the surroundings on the water are amazing. We arrived in the afternoon, well after breakfast time, but were met with drinks and home made muffins. The rooms are of a very high standard and very comfortable. Lying in bed looking out on the water was an added treat. Nothing is too much trouble for these hosts. One of the mornings I had to leave at 6 am for the airport and Mary and Russell got up so that I could have breakfast before I left. They were great hosts and chatted to us everyday. I would love to revisit South Africa again. I don't know when.. but I do know where I will be staying. Thanks Mary & Russell.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed April 22, 2013

From our arrival to our departure, we were made welcome with friendliness and kindness throughout. Mary and Russell are great hosts and outdid themselves with their hospitality.

House - Is really beautiful and peaceful. While my hubby watched the sport in the lounge area I took a nap on the deck and listened to the ducks. It's so amazing...

Room - Our room was cleaned properly and our possessions were left exactly how we had left it, which I like.

Breakfast - Our best part! In my mind, buffet breakfast! Once again Mary and Russell go out of their way to make sure that everything is PREFECT. Freshly baked muffins and croissants, thanks Russell these were my Husband's favorite.

Area - Although we preferred to stay indoors due to whether conditions, this B & B is within walking distance of the beach and Muizenberg pools.

Overall, staying at the Admiralty B & B was a great experience and we'll definitely be coming to stay over again... soon.

Thank you Mary and Russell.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crezana T
maryjane1947, Owner at Admiralty Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
It is nice to know we are getting some things right. Thankyou
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We found a gem at the beach. Superb beautifully appointed room, fantastic hosts who were helpful and welcoming. Lovely breakfasts.
My wife and I stayed for the weekend and when I found myself in CT for business at the end of the week I had no hesitation in staying with Mary and Russell again, thanks guys.

Room Tip: The Captain's Cabin (where we stayed as a couple) is great .
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dermot O
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was a great find (via the Information Center in Mulzenberg) and a perfect place to launch a trip the next day trip to the 'Cape of Good Hope'. The room was clean, comfortable and well furnished. The setting is quiet. Mary (owner) is a wealth of information and a great conversationalist. Parking is outside of the home but I was assured it was safe. The 2 areas that could be better are the internet connection/speed and the TV in the room should get international news, not just local channels. The WiFi, when it worked was slow and did not connect at all latter in the evening; both of these could easily be corrected. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I enjoyed staying with hosts Mary and Russ at Admiralty - they are down to earth, helpful and have boundless energy! They truly go out of their way to help with any requests you might have. Great breakfast ....freshly baked goodies every morning with stewed fruit or fruit salad and yogurt. The room was prestine and has beautiful views. It is a peaceful and secure environment and a convenient location for my personal needs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Fatima K
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We called into the information centre to get a list of B&Bs in the area.
The Admiralty was on top of the list, so give it a try. We stayed two nights and only wish we had more time. The room was clean,the food very good and the owner very nice, and to top it all it was on the river..
My wife and I had been on the road for two weeks and found this B&B the best and worth a visit.

Room Tip: Its worth booking in avance or you might be disapointed .I hope by recamending this B&B I will...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank roy s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muizenberg
Colona Castle
#2 of 10 in Muizenberg
Capeblue Manor House
Capeblue Manor House
#1 of 3 in Lakeside

Been to Admiralty Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!